PDA

View Full Version : MFD300 in 08 Passat

greenlfting
27-06-2008, 10:10 PM
I have an 08 reg Passat, and i have a problem with the radio.Whenever i drive approx 25-30 miles away from southampton the radio will not stay tuned to the station i have tuned to (Radio 2). It gets all hissy & crackley(jst like the good old days before RDS radios) and takes anything up to 15 mins to find and lock onto the required station. At first i thought it was me, not reading the manual properley (who does), but after checking it and finding out that i had tuned the radio correctley and that it was left in auto mode, it still will not stay tuned. It has been back to the dealer for this problem and all they said after having it for a day was sorry, we found it works fine.I asked how far they went and the reply was about 10 miles. I did explain to them that the problem occurs at around 25-30 miles.I was wondering if anyone else out there has suferd the same problem,if so what was the cure? Any help gratfully reciceved.:1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp:

Sorry not MFD300. should be RCD300

GDEvans
27-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Radio 2 have ceased transmissions outside the Southampton area. The rest of us have to listen to Radio 3 or 4 (I'm too old for Radio 1)!

It sounds like you are going out of range of the transmitter that you are tuned to, and the RDS radio is failing to retune to a different transmitter.

Is there a way of disabling the Alternative Frequency (AF) function on this radio. I haven't had my Golf (with an RCD300) long enough to know - although mine does retune. I know that with my Focus you could turn this off.