PDA

View Full Version : negotiating a good price for an used A4 at dealer !

synoniv
27-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Hi all, first timer here !

Audi A4 1.8T 2004 38Kmiles Automatic

I'm not good at negotiating prices, so please help me with some thoughts

Dealer is asking £12K, the parkers used car price is coming up as 12.4K

What is the realistic price to close a sale ?

Thanks in advance

-SV

bonerpart1
27-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Hi we need more information as it was car change time also was it a saloon advant ect

RickT
28-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Hi all, first timer here !

Audi A4 1.8T 2004 38Kmiles Automatic

I'm not good at negotiating prices, so please help me with some thoughts

Dealer is asking £12K, the parkers used car price is coming up as 12.4K

What is the realistic price to close a sale ?

Thanks in advance

-SV

If i was you... go out on a test drive.... then go out on another one to make sure you like it..

Following that, start saying to the dealer that the think the "shape" is looking a bit dated with the NEW shape A4 out now and you are not show that the price is right..

I would ask him /say that you are intrested on the car at the right price and been looking at a few other cars locally which are around the 11k mark and thats the price that you would like to be spending ideally... There is always room for discount on the used car makert at a dealer, i would ask him to see what he can do on the price to get it closer to the 11k mark for a cash sale which you will be able to agree to this weekend..

If you push hard on the second hand market they will sell it to you... they will not be making a loss on the car as i bet they only gave around 10k for it on part x...

Push hard and be cheeky... the worst he can say is no.... if he says no... then try pushing for a free service and a full tank of fuel... (fuel is around £80 per tank and a service will be around £250 to £300...)

Ensure you are also getting the extended warretny on it..

Rick