PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Doors won't unlock

JayCeeOhh
27-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi All,

Another problem with my '52 Passat 1.9TDi Est. The car locks ok and the boot unlocks fine, but the doors won't unlock remotely. Worked fine at 9-40am this morning. Drove 15 miles. Locked car again. Realised I'd left something in the car but I couldn't open the doors. To compound the problem the door lock has previously been tampered with so I can't use the key to enter. Therefore I had to unlock the boot (which turns off the alarm ok), unlock a rear door then get in and unlock the drivers door. Oh. I've only got one key and remote as well. :(

I realise I'll need to get the lock sorted at some stage but has anyone else had this problem? If it was as simple as a battery problem on the remote surely all buttons would have problems? I have no damp patches on the car floor (as I've read that might also be an issue). What can I do in the short term to stop me having to be Action Man each time I want to get in?

Thanks All.

Jay

passat 130 tdi
27-06-2008, 04:49 PM
i put a new battery in the remote then dissconnected the cars battery for a few minutes and connected it again , everything worked from then on.

try just taking the earth of the cars battery for a while and put it back on, resetting the ecu may be all thats needed.

JayCeeOhh
27-06-2008, 05:17 PM
i put a new battery in the remote then dissconnected the cars battery for a few minutes and connected it again , everything worked from then on.

try just taking the earth of the cars battery for a while and put it back on, resetting the ecu may be all thats needed.

Thanks for this. Did you have a similar issue to me, or had your battery actually died in your remote?

Cheers,

Jay

passat 130 tdi
27-06-2008, 05:40 PM
only my drivers door would open , 2 presses did nothing , i maybe only found that taking the battery off by chance because putting a new battery in the remote didnt do anything , i took off the battery to do something ? i forget now, but when i connected it back up the remote worked , i just hit lucky i guess.

Desertfish
27-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Had a similar problem although in my case, I couldn't lock the doors remotely. Unlocking went fine though. Turned out my remote was bust.