PDA

View Full Version : Wrong spec ordered!

jkh112
27-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Took a phone call from the lease compnay late this afternoon to tell me they had good news, my new s-line will be available mid July instead of late July. :Blush:

They also said that there had been a mistake on my order and the upholstery has been ordered with black stitching instead of the silver stitching I requested.:mad: But they could reorder with the correct trim, but this would mean another 3 month wait!:zx11:

As the rest of the order seems correct (colour, cruise control, wheels etc) I have agreed to take the black stitching. As it is a company car via a lease company I cannot get any sort of freebies:mad:

mkc
27-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Blackstitching should be fine although annoying its not what you have ordered. A bit off if you ask me delivering not what you have ordered if you have to have the lease car for 3-4 years or so. I guess they had one turn up or a cancelled order that was almost your spec and they have off loaded it to a lease company instead of a private owner which is only right I guess

newa4b8sline
27-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Hi,

I had a smiliar issue with my A4 Sline which is also a lease car. It was worse for me as they car came with the wrong seats (Cloth instead of Alcantara). The supplying dealer admitted it was there mistake and offered to take the car back and order the correct spec (3 months waiting list) or some freebies. I took the freebies which were a considerable monetery value. So my advice is to find out who is at fault and go from there. If it is the dealer they will not want the car back as it is already registered so will cost them money if you reject it and negiotiate some freebies.

By the I have silver stitching and my colleague has black stiching and they both look great.

alexcf
27-06-2008, 01:12 PM
I have black stitching, and it's great... If I had a light coloured car, then silver sticking would defo make a difference, mine's Deep Sea Blue. :)

two_paracetamol
27-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Bit disappointing but don't take it lying down. Go direct to the dealer for some freebies. It is not to late until you have accepted the car.

If it was me... if the dealer said no freebies I'd tell them to order another one, hang up and get the kettle on!! Bet the phone would be ringing again before the kettle had a chance to boil.

jkh112
27-06-2008, 02:51 PM
i have asked the lease company (it was their mistake) if they are willing to make a gesture of goodwill and provide some freebies. I hinted that I would really like the rear parking sensors. I'll let you know how they respond.

two_paracetamol
27-06-2008, 03:47 PM
I would have thought that if it is the lease company's mistake they would be even more willing to make a gesture of goodwill as they have no easy way to dispose of the car if you refuse it... They do not want you to walk away... they lose the sale, have a car to shift with no buyer and it could damage their relationship with their Dealer which risks the level of discount they get.

Rear parking sensors are factory fit though, so if the car is built already this may not be realistic.

In this bit of the industry my understanding is money talks! They may be willing to part with some of their margin by giving you a "cashback" gesture or another inducement... for example see if you can get a top of the range Sat-Nav (eg TomTom) out of them. I know a broker personally who does this when orders are messed up. Then he gets a happy customer and the company offset the cost of the "present" against their tax. Everyone's a winner (sort of)

B6Andy101
27-06-2008, 05:07 PM
You can get the rear sensors dealer fit, they are ordered pre painted to the colour of your car and take about an hour to fit. There is a post on here somewhere with the part numbers. :D

two_paracetamol
27-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks! Did not know that...

B6Andy101
27-06-2008, 05:19 PM
See A8 Techs post on Page 9

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=30035&highlight=parking+sensors&page=9

jkh112
04-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Got an e-mail from the lease company today. They are going to get the dealer fitted rear parking sensors fitted for free, so I am happy. They did point out that these sensors are only partly colour coded and the centres are black (I have ordered a white car). I told them to go ahead, but does anyone have pictures of the dealer fit sensors on a car which is not black so I can see what they look like?

mkc
05-07-2008, 11:05 AM
I have a feeling the back of you car will probably look like a Domino......

allya
05-07-2008, 12:17 PM
I am not sure why your rear sensors arent fully colour coded - my car arrived at the dealer yesterday and they are fitting pre-painted sesnors for me next week... I would go back to your dealer...

B6Andy101
05-07-2008, 10:28 PM
They did point out that these sensors are only partly colour coded and the centres are black (I have ordered a white car).

Doesn't sound right to me. I would be a little nervous about the black on an all white car though. :blindfold

B6Andy101
01-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Did you get 'em fitted JKH.....are you pleased ?

jkh112
03-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Yes I did get them fitted and they look fine. There is a small black ring in each, but nothing that is too noticeceable, they don't really lok any different to the factory fit ones. I'll try and post a picture if I can.

jkh112
16-09-2008, 04:32 PM
a bit late, but as promised here ia a pic.

B6Andy101
16-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Can't grumble with that. More useful than the silver stitching !!

Nicksluck
16-09-2008, 07:31 PM
3819 My rear park sensors were dealer fit and they dont have black rings. Also they were sprayed my colour not pre painted. Could depend on dealer.

Plife
16-09-2008, 07:44 PM
3819 My rear park sensors were dealer fit and they dont have black rings. Also they were sprayed my colour not pre painted. Could depend on dealer.
Wow I can't even see them!!

smokey0123
16-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Have you got parking sensors Nicksluck lol they blend in nicely :D

Nicksluck
16-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Yes they are there. Its not a very clear pic i know but i was pleased when i picked the car up as i had thought long and hard about it and kept asking dealer if they would look as good as factory fit. He was right as good if not better, cost 300 and work very well,as it is an avant,no issues with it not being loud enough.