PDA

View Full Version : XCARlink not pausing ipod on power off..

WipeOut
26-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi,

Just installed an XCARlink in my A4 with a Symphony II head unit.. Its all working fine except when I turn the car of the ipod keeps playing and doesn't pause..

Anyone else had this?

Thanks..

A4Ade
26-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Hi,

Just installed an XCARlink in my A4 with a Symphony II head unit.. Its all working fine except when I turn the car of the ipod keeps playing and doesn't pause..

Anyone else had this?

Thanks..

Not that I've noticed - ipod definitely pauses when I change to CD/Radio, but not sure I've checked when switching off the ignition. I'll be using it tomorrow so I'll check and report back if no-one beats me to it...

WipeOut
29-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Well I now have two of these..

One controls the ipod perfectly with pausing and everything but it makes a noise that can be heard when the volume is anything over half way up (not related to the car at all, the noise is there even when the car is turned off..

The other one doesn't control the ipod correctly, shen powered on it puts the ipod to the root menu and when powering off it doesn't pause and power off the ipod..

A4Ade
29-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Well I now have two of these..

One controls the ipod perfectly with pausing and everything but it makes a noise that can be heard when the volume is anything over half way up (not related to the car at all, the noise is there even when the car is turned off..

The other one doesn't control the ipod correctly, shen powered on it puts the ipod to the root menu and when powering off it doesn't pause and power off the ipod..

Checked mine - ignition off, ipod pauses. No idea what's up with yours I'm afraid...

WipeOut
29-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Yea, I think its faulty.. I am trying to get hold of the guy I got it from..

As I said in my previous post I have two of them now both with problems.. Not good for the quality control..