PDA

View Full Version : Chip A Diesel 3.0

jbwn
26-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Apparently you can chip a Uk car and get better performance AND fuel consumption. Has anyone nay knowledge about doing this to a 2007 3.0 diesel?

eddmac
27-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Apparently you can chip a Uk car and get better performance AND fuel consumption. Has anyone nay knowledge about doing this to a 2007 3.0 diesel?

I would imagine that there would be no problem with this at all, as it's the same 3.0Tdi as found in all the Audi's, don't know of anyone with it done to a Phaeton, but it shouldn't be a problem - go for it and let us know how you get on:beerchug:

churcher
02-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Have you a particular chip in mind?

There has just been an artical in the press and a television programme recently on a chip from www.dieselpowertuning.co.uk (http://www.dieselpowertuning.co.uk). This particular product was fully endosed by Quentin Willson who has two of these units on his Jag and Range Rover.

The website only lists the V10tdi but I have contacted them and they say this is an oversite and have a chip for immediate delivery for the 3.0tdi.

When looking at the figures for a chipped Audi 3.0tdi they are very good.

I am not into after market add on's but this programme was very complimentary on this product and assume it was independent.

dod1e
02-07-2008, 02:28 PM
have a look at the superchips bluefin. i have one on a 2.0 tdi and can only recommend.