PDA

View Full Version : Rear Parking Sensors

Jasperse
26-06-2008, 09:11 PM
The 2007 1.9tdi se i have does not have rear parking sensors fitted, and at present a carefully placed breezeblock stops my wife backing it into the house.

Does anybody know what make the standard VW fit sensors are as i have seen a few advertised from £50 up

Has anybody fitted any parking sensors to the jetta?:1zhelp:

Thanks for any help

beesleydog
12-08-2008, 01:42 PM
I bought a set of the internet for £22, these came colour coded and with full fitting instructions and a hole saw.
Took around 90 min to fit and these work a treat.
Look like factory fit. :D
Removed the rear passenger side light cluster to get the cables from the bumper to the interior of the boot and had to remove some of the boot interior trim to find the reverse light fed and to mount the buzzer. Other tha that it was straight forward. Fed the sensor calbe through the bumper with an old metal coat hanger.
Will try and post some pics.
Best £22 spent on the car and if I say so myself top notch install carried out.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: LOL

:1zhelp:PS Would be glad to help to install if needed to anyone around the Leeds area for a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake :beerchug:

MDA123
25-08-2008, 01:09 AM
I bought a set of the internet for £22, these came colour coded and with full fitting instructions and a hole saw.
Took around 90 min to fit and these work a treat.
Look like factory fit. :D
Removed the rear passenger side light cluster to get the cables from the bumper to the interior of the boot and had to remove some of the boot interior trim to find the reverse light fed and to mount the buzzer. Other tha that it was straight forward. Fed the sensor calbe through the bumper with an old metal coat hanger.
Will try and post some pics.
Best £22 spent on the car and if I say so myself top notch install carried out.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: LOL

:1zhelp:PS Would be glad to help to install if needed to anyone around the Leeds area for a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake :beerchug:
How do the sensors fit in the bumber - did you need to remove the bumber to get behind it?

beesleydog
26-08-2008, 10:46 AM
To fit the sensors I only removed the rear pass light and the carpet trim in the boot to fit the buzzer and connect onto the fed for the reverse light.
The seller on ebay was gps-ppc or their web site is parkingsensoronline.
In my original post I thought the kit was £22 but in fact it was £17.99. This is for the silver which is the perfect match for my Jetta.
If you look at their site you will see that the sensors have a rubber type strip on their side, the cutter is 21mm and the sensor I would say would be appox 20.5mm but with the rubber would be 21.5mm and when inserted into the bumper fitted snuggly.
Simply mark and drill all 4 holes with provided cutter and pass a metal coat hanger from the end hole on the drivers side through to the next hole with the wire attached and when you get to the last hole, with the rear pass light removed pass the coat hanger down to the last hole and pull all 4 cables up and then follow the wiring loom into the rear of the car and you can then connect the cables to the box and pick up the fed for the rear reversing light in this corner also.
When you select reverse the rear light comes on and this will also put a fed onto the sensor kit.
I fitted the control box behind the carpet area in the boot on the passenger side and fitted the buzzer on the driver side just behind the rear seat and fed the cable across the boot and also connected this to the control box.
All the sensors are mark 1-4 or a-d and the istall works a treat.

Will try and post some pics of the install.

MDA123
26-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Many thanks beesleydog - excellent description - very much appreciated.