PDA

View Full Version : Andover 8.15am today silver A4 B7 avant reg LIB *6, your an idiot!!

nickynibbles
26-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Im sorry to have to report that i've found a total moron who drives an Audi! Its a sad day when an Audi owner is named & shamed for some horrific driving!! If your the bloke who was driving the silver diesel A4 B7 avant yesterday morning, reg LIB *6 which i've frequently seen around Andover before you should be very very very ashamed of yourself!!

The story is, whilst on my way to work, im proceeding out of Andover towards the A303. Wishing to go straight on at a roundabout I follow the highway code and proceed in the left hand lane around the roundabout. I spotted the aformentioned moron in my mirror plough onto the roundabout on the inside and try to go straight on at the roundabout at the same exit as myself, the problem being there is only 1 lane at the exit! Im forced into an emergency stop and hit the kerb lightly whilst evading being side swiped. Not a single sorry or sign of remorse from the prat at the wheel, he just went on his onto the Walworth Industrial estate at the next roundabout.

Its sorry to say that morons drive Audi's too, I hope you feel shameful buddy, dont be surprised to come out from doing your shopping one day and find a nicely coiled poop on your bonnet, call it symbolic of your driving skills!!!!! Count yourself lucky I havent damaged my alloy else i'd be knocking on your door with the bill my friend!! http://audi-sport.net/vb/images/smilies/busted_cop.gif

Read the highway code you moron!! http://audi-sport.net/vb/images/smilies/rtfm.gif

bora(ing) nick
26-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune

All round abouts varie in size and shape, and i think what causes most confusion is the highway code! One rule cannot work for every round-about IMHO.

Nick

nickynibbles
26-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune

All round abouts varie in size and shape, and i think what causes most confusion is the highway code! One rule cannot work for every round-about IMHO.

Nick

Agreed, there are some amiguities when it comes to some roundabouts. But you simply cant undertake on any sized roundabout and go for the same exit as someone else when there's only room for one car & in doing so cause the car complying with the highway code to perform an evasive manouver! That simply has no amiguity to it, its just plain dangerous driving!

GH20TDI
26-06-2008, 12:39 PM
When taking any intermediate exit, unless signs or markings indicate otherwise

select the appropriate lane on approach to the roundabout
you should not normally need to signal on approach
stay in this lane until you need to alter course to exit the roundabout
signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you want
This is ambiguous, but means he can easily argue he was complying with the highway code (despite what the diagrams may show) - I assume it was a 'he'...

Either way, you definitely don't go piling in to a roundabout and ignore other users as if you were Toad of Toad Hall... I hope you don't have any damage to your car.

nickynibbles
26-06-2008, 01:35 PM
This is ambiguous, but means he can easily argue he was complying with the highway code (despite what the diagrams may show) - I assume it was a 'he'...

Either way, you definitely don't go piling in to a roundabout and ignore other users as if you were Toad of Toad Hall... I hope you don't have any damage to your car.

It was indeed a "he" driving! What he'd done if it was an empty road would indeed of been acceptable driving but given the fact I was there its just plain dangerous!. Luckily no damage done to my car, like I said else I would of reported the incident to the police, and given there was other cars following me I would of had witnesses! Its a local car as i've seen it a good few times before, an easy number plate to remember, just wondered if the owner was on here so I could give them feedback on their driving shall we say!!!

John140
26-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Unfortunately people who drive like this clearly have no real interest or pride in cars or driving, and probably picked the Audi from a company car list without much reason, and as such would probably never read or post on a motoring enthusiasts forum !
I of course sympathise, but count yourself lucky you dont have to negotiate the M4 Junction 12 and 11 roundabouts nr Reading often or you would see much more of this !

elPaulio
27-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Hi there,

I totally sympathise with you, there are an obscene amount of idiots in Aberdeen that feel it is perfectly acceptable for them to turn right in the left hand lane and left in the right hand lane on a roundabout!! I do have to despair when I see someone doing this as it clearly shows they have absolutely no concept of what the hell they should be doing on the road!!

I think what confuses matters some times is that there are two ways of being taught how to judge which lane you shoudd be in on a roundabout, one says the left hand lane for left and straight on and the right hand lane for turning right. The other says the left hand lane for any exit on the left hand side of the roundabout if you were to look at it from above and the right hand lane for any exit on the right!! My Ex was taught the later of the two and very nearly caused an accident every time she went over a roundabout!!

Anyway, off my soap box now... God I hate people that can't negotiate roundabouts :D

Paul :biglaugh: