PDA

View Full Version : Alhambra TDi wont start - engine doesn't fire, lots of smoke from exhaust

stavros59
24-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Please can anyone help! I have an Alhambra TDi that won't run. The engine won't fire up, there is a mass of white smoke from the exhaust. Any thoughts?

Sam
25-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Welcome to VWAF

I've changed your thread title to something more informative than "Stavros" to get you some more views ;)

colb666
25-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Sounds as though it's trying to fire but,could be no heater plugs working?

micheal balbrig
25-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Please can anyone help! I have an Alhambra TDi that won't run. The engine won't fire up, there is a mass of white smoke from the exhaust. Any thoughts?

What is the history to your problem ?
did it appear after filling up with fuel
could it be other than diesel that was used.

You could check to see if you have power supply
to fuel solenoid

Matt1e
26-07-2008, 01:07 AM
From what you describe with the smokey... I had similar with my SE TDi 115.

It turned out to be the glow plugs.....simple to fix.

I did have a short period of it taking a little longer than usual to start in the mornings before it gave up the ghost.

sonyachris
10-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Hi i seem to have the same problem but mine starts after 30 seconds but lots of white smoke once running will start first time every time all day drive fine. Did the timing belt this week end but started with no problems after fitting anyone have any idea what this could be as i said before runs and drives the same as before just prelonged starting time first thing in the morning

kenney
10-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Check the glow plugs

Team Green
11-03-2010, 01:29 PM
What version TDI is it?

If you've just changed the timing belt it could be out just a fraction. If it is a non PD TDi then you might need to check the dynamic timing of the fuel pump as this is what happened to me.