PDA

View Full Version : A3 - Delay in being able to lock car

norfolkvw
11-01-2007, 12:24 PM
My A3 has developed a curious fault (or is it something I've done?)

2006 3.2 model with security central locking.

When i turn the ignition off and remove the ignition key, the radio stays on (it used to turn off as soon as I removed the key), I get out of the car, shut the door then try to lock it using the button on the keyfob.

The keyfob does not work (although the red indicator light on it flashes).

After about 30 seconds, i can hear a single click coming from the car. The radio switches itself off and I am now able to lock the car using the keyfob.

The click sounds to me like a relay dropping out after a predetermined time period. Is there something I could've done that has set a time delay on a relay and is preventing me from locking the car for about 30 seconds?

It's driving me bonkers, I stood there for 30 seconds this morning in the wind and rain before I was able to lock my car.

I've booked it into Audi Norwich for them to look at it (under warranty) but it's not going to them until the 24th Jan.

Any information would be useful beforehand so that I'm well prepared when I discuss it with their service manager.

thanks,

jirving
26-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Hi,

I've just posted the same fault condition under the title "A3 Sportback will not lock until radio powers off."

I tried disconnecting the battery, but this did not resolve.

I was hoping to find something on the web before I approached the garage and they had it in all day. I would hope this is covered under waranty? I should ring them and ask.

lardy
07-06-2007, 12:02 PM
My 2002 S3 will not lock if the radio stays on. This seemed to start after Carphone Warehouse installed a Nokia Bluetooth kit.

I restart the car and turn off quickly and 9/10 times it corrects itself, rather annoying though.:aargh4:

Lardy

jirving
11-06-2007, 08:09 PM
I tried removing the key as normal, then re-inserting and switching the ignition back on then off - the radio then switches off completely when the key is removed the second time and stays off when you exit the car and shut the door. The central locking works immediately. Not a very elegant fix, but better then standing in the pouring rain waiting for the radio to switch off!

I'm still awaiting a response from Audi on this...