PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Passat B5 towbar

dubzter
24-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Thought I would let you all know I just ordered a towbar and plug in electrics for my 2004 Passat Highline saloon.

Westfalia detachable towbar £159
Car specific plug in electrics (single socket) £58.50
Delivery to the Highlands £15

All from www.towbarsdirect.co.uk (http://www.towbarsdirect.co.uk)

Will hopefully get them in a couple of days and have a wee project for me to do at the weekend.

Will post my thoughts and maybe some photos.

Ben
24-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Great. Looking forward to the pics.

How did you find towbars direct to deal with?

i couldn't fault their knowledge and understanding.

dubzter
25-06-2008, 01:22 PM
they were great, just phoned the guy up after finding his webpage and he was spot on, really knew what he was talking about.

Looking forward to getting my hands dirty

dubzter
07-07-2008, 12:34 PM
well fitted the towbar and electrics last thursday before going on holiday and I have to say it was one of the easiest jobs I have undertaken on a car. The fit of the Westfalia is perfect, no cutout or any other modifications needed. The vehicle specific wiring was a bit trickier as I wanted it fed through the body work of the car rather than just under the trim. But with a bit of effort that wasn't a problem just fiddly. Connected it all up and it didin't work. I think I got a faulty relay so will be getting intouch with the supplier. Apart from that it's just perfect.

dubzter
08-07-2008, 09:19 AM
looks like it was me that was faulty not the relay.

I hadn't taken a live to the relay. I did presume that it was just plug and play, there was no mention in the instructions of feeding a live to the relay. Although there was an additional cable in the box for this purpose.

Anyway all working now and as I said above it is really a very easy diy job

Sorry didn't take any pics for a how to, was in a bit of a rush to get it fitted