PDA

View Full Version : coupe water temp ?

pedley
24-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Hello all, can anybody shed light on the problems i'm havin with my '92 2.0L 8v.
First of all the water temp gauge doesn't work so can anybody tell me how to test sender, also where is the thermostat ? Any help sorting these issues would be greatly appreciated.

cheers Ged:beerchug::beerchug:

kenney
24-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi You can ohm the sender if i remember correctly cold it should be about 2.5 kohms and warm about 400ohms.Regarding your thermostat if you follow the lower radiator hose to the water pump the thermostat is there

pedley
24-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I'll try that, thanks for help, :beerchug:

pedley
26-06-2008, 11:44 PM
not tried ohm test yet, but i've just been out in car and the temp gauge worked . . . . briefly, it went up to 80degrees then after about 20 mins normal driving dropped back down to the rest and therefore stopped working. Any ideas ?

cheers :beerchug:

kenney
27-06-2008, 10:42 AM
This would suggest a bad connection remove and try spraying the the connector on the temp føler or better still replace it

Norbee
28-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Hi,
Try this one, I have done it few days ago...

Remove the complete counter ( hope it is called this way).
Then disconnect all wires from the back.

Now locate on the back where the water temp unit is fixed to the counter body.
Two little shiny bolts.
Just unscrew them gently.You will see that there is a golden "ring" ( not from the movie) beneath. Polish these to make sure contact will be perfect.
Then put it together. should work.

Hint: since the whole counter unit is in your hand check the same for the fuel gauge :Blush: light bulbs etc...

saves time!