PDA

View Full Version : T4 Transporter cyclinder head

Conradvw
11-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Good advice from previous thread is bad news ... Im doing a cylinder head gasket replacement on the 2.4 na diesel 1995 t4 transporter.

I need to know the size of the torx tool for removing / tightening the cylinder head bolts so I can buy one.

Also The exhaust springs need wedges to open which I can make if I know the dimensions. ( I could take a vernier under the van but its been raining for 40 days and 40 nights.... do VW do a marine engine???? hmmm)

Cheers Conrad

passat boy
30-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Good advice from previous thread is bad news ... Im doing a cylinder head gasket replacement on the 2.4 na diesel 1995 t4 transporter.

I need to know the size of the torx tool for removing / tightening the cylinder head bolts so I can buy one.

Also The exhaust springs need wedges to open which I can make if I know the dimensions. ( I could take a vernier under the van but its been raining for 40 days and 40 nights.... do VW do a marine engine???? hmmm)

Cheers Conrad

Teng tools have a full set a a fair price(best done with good quality tools)and try a halfords manual(£16)but do a google search as the american sites turn up usefull info routinely.