PDA

View Full Version : Rear passenger climate control

tony_anon
11-01-2007, 06:19 AM
Hi,

Apologies but this could be user error on my part! After starting car, climate control comes on automatically (on AUTO) and after a few minutes, its nice and warm in the front. However, the other day I had rear passengers who complained about cold air blasting their feet while the front was warm soon after starting. Eventually, I pressed the UP button (for the windscreen) which then stopped the cold air at the rear. After a few minutes, I put it back to AUTO and all was fine at the rear.

Is this just a case of waiting till the engine warms up or maintaining correct temperature using cold air at the rear? I have the ECON set to ON for winter. Maybe its best to go UP when starting with rear passengers!

Cheers.

MalcQV
11-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Not sure how it is on my 2003 Passat. It is in being repaired so can't check yet. I do know that when it is wet I switch ECON off, but AUTO is not on. The compressor can be heard, or the engine revs drop for a second at idle so I know the a/c is on. I use this to dehumidify the air and clear the windows super quick. I then switch to ECON. My rear passengers have not complained yet.