PDA

View Full Version : 2.0fsi 53 Emissions problem?

John Paterson
23-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi - Would appreciate any theories on what might be causing the three symptoms I have listed below;

* Emissions/Engine Managment light blinking back on/off just after start up. (40% of the time).

* Emissions light flashing on for 10 seconds between 4th/5th gear change @ 5000rpm. (only happend once so far).

* Slight misfire type stutter when accelerating in high gear at low revs. (10% of the time).

Audi have had my car all day and have just told me they can't find a fault this time.

Two months ago they fitted a new coil to one of the cylinders which showed up as faulty after the Engine managment/Emissions lights came on when cruising in 6th at @3000rpm.

My knowledge of cars is very limited so any theories would be appreciated.

JP.

mrmass80
25-06-2008, 03:42 AM
HI, i have 03 2.0 fsi and i had similar problems. At first dealer said it was a sensor/valve. then it was my fuel pump, which seemed to cure for while but then my car shat the bed, turned out to be the coil, apparently they go all the time on this engine and rac always carry spares. If its still in warranty just keep badgering them mate i did.

John Paterson
25-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the reply.

The Audi service dept did hint at trying to get all three remaining old Coils (already had one replaced for this problem) replaced under the warranty at the same time, even if there not coming up as faulty.

I think there starting to feel sorry for me! And are trying to cut down the number of visits to them I keep having to make.

JP.