PDA

View Full Version : How to put jpegs into a post

moptisam2
23-06-2008, 05:10 PM
I'd like to show the beige Valcona leather seats and interior that, in my opinion, make my car seem even more special than it is, but I don't know how to put them into my post.

Anyone tell me how to do that, please?

tomtom20
23-06-2008, 05:24 PM
When you write the post, you will see various small icons along where you can choose text, make it bold etc. There is one that looks like it has a small orange blob on it, with green under (I hope you can find it with that description lol) when you hover your mouse over it it shows 'insert image' - This brings up a box to point to the URL of where the image is located.

Note you can't 'upload' the image from the PC to the forum, but a quick way I use is made a Flickr account (part of Yahoo so you will need a Yahoo I.D to use it) go to www.flickr.com If you have not got a Yahoo I.D making one is quick and simple, bascially just another email address like Hotmail. It is all free and once done you need not use it for emailing just logging into Flickr (which has a good few photos of the new A4 if you search it)

You upload the images there, make them private if you wish so others can't search for them, then copy the image URL link into the 'insert image' to the post you want to make. It then points back to flickr and hey presto the images are seen. It seems complex, perhaps there are other ways of doing this that others can share but this is my way of doing it.

digigriffin
23-06-2008, 05:33 PM
or goto www.picturepush.com (http://www.picturepush.com) and create an account (its free!)

make sure that if you use an album it is public and the picture is public and you can then view it from a post in this forum

You upload your picture and the use the url to the picture to place into the forum using the insert picture as detailed in the previous post.

moptisam2
24-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks to both for your help.

Let's see if I can make it work.

I'll (try to) put the photos in a new thread 'inside the new A4'.