PDA

View Full Version : Eos faults

hitachizx
10-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Gave the wife a new Eos 2.0T FSI Sport for christmas in leone blue. Car has had a number of faults allready. Firstly the roof leaked down both front A pillars. The passenger front window rolls down on its own when the door is closed (have returned to the car twice to find the window half way down). And the engine judders as if it is only firing on 3 cylinders when cold. Had the car returned to us yesterday after 3 days at the dealer and the only fault they seem to have been able to repair is the roof leak. The most concerning is the window problem it makes the car very insecure it happened again twice today. I called VW customer services who say they are unaware of any problems but the number of complaints about the same problem on american web sites seems to tell a different story. Has any one else experienced this. The wife loves the car but i dont think the biuld quality is a patch on her old 2003 Golf GTI.

GurnyGub
10-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Gave the wife a new Eos 2.0T FSI Sport for christmas in leone blue. Car has had a number of faults allready. Firstly the roof leaked down both front A pillars. The passenger front window rolls down on its own when the door is closed (have returned to the car twice to find the window half way down). And the engine judders as if it is only firing on 3 cylinders when cold. Had the car returned to us yesterday after 3 days at the dealer and the only fault they seem to have been able to repair is the roof leak. The most concerning is the window problem it makes the car very insecure it happened again twice today. I called VW customer services who say they are unaware of any problems but the number of complaints about the same problem on american web sites seems to tell a different story. Has any one else experienced this. The wife loves the car but i dont think the biuld quality is a patch on her old 2003 Golf GTI.
VW have sent out a technical bulletin (TB) that tells the dealer's service dept. how to fix the window problem. Don't know where you are, but I would try a better dealer if they can't help you.
John

hitachizx
10-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Thanks john. I live in Swansea and use Sinclair VW.

Nicks
10-01-2008, 12:58 AM
hey the judder seems to be a 1.8T- 2.0T common thing both mine do it.. I don't think it is a serious thing.. I sat in a spanking new gti 2.0t and it did it as well..:confused:

jonthebarber
11-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Snap !! Same colour/engine as mine .

Engine/Windows work fine on mine although Dealer has had car for 9 weeks (So far) trying to sort out leaks ......