PDA

View Full Version : Please Help The alarm central unit 998 VAG 153

mrwlodek
22-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Hello!

I've found in my MK3 GTI the alarm with this central unit with VW/Audi logo. Previous owner swichted alarm off. I would like reactivate this alarm. I can't log fobs in user mode. The alarm arms after ignition off. Does anyone have service manual or electric diagram for this alarm? This alarm isn't factory fitted. I attached photos.

Regards
Marcin

a8 tech
22-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Its a scorpion 918.
I used to fit them back in the day.
Reconnect the loom and the 30 supply fuses and the remote should work,if the led doesnt light up solder the contact accross the led to make the circuit and the remote will operate.
If you require more help ask but if the control unit is locked out then disconnect the unit for 10 secs and reconnect it and the alarm should arm up.
Presst he remote to un arm it and it should work.
If it doesnt you can send the unit to scorpion with the remotes and they reset it
They used to be based in chesire

mrwlodek
22-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Its a scorpion 918.
I used to fit them bck in the day.
Reconnect the loom and the 30 supply fuses and the remote should work,if the led doesnt light up solder the contact accross the led to make the circuit and the remote will operate

Thx for help. I will try. There are 2 30 amps fuses. I didn't know that for the alarm. LED operates, after ignition switched off lights continuously and alarm is armed. LEDs on fobs work to. Do you have any diagram how this alarm should be connected to car electrics? There is big mess. I would like inspect connections and make this tidy.

Thanks a lot
Marcin

a8 tech
22-06-2008, 09:54 PM
There is no wiring diagram as such and no two installers would fit the wiring in the same place,however there was a fitting instruction manual that all approved installers had and your local vw agent my still have it.
The wiring is 15 ignition supply 30 permanant live and earth and starter wire cut.
The rest of the wiring is for the central locking and the ultrasonics and the door open contact/bonnet contact/boot contact and indicators.
I used to wire into the multiplugs at the back of the fuse board but you could find the wiring wired into the ignition switch wiring loom.

mrwlodek
22-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Its a scorpion 918.
I used to fit them back in the day.
Reconnect the loom and the 30 supply fuses and the remote should work,if the led doesnt light up solder the contact accross the led to make the circuit and the remote will operate.
If you require more help ask but if the control unit is locked out then disconnect the unit for 10 secs and reconnect it and the alarm should arm up.
Presst he remote to un arm it and it should work.
If it doesnt you can send the unit to scorpion with the remotes and they reset it
They used to be based in chesire

Thank you very much. I 've found proper diagram in the internet. Tomorrow I will try reactivate this alarm as you advised. Thank you again.

Cheers
Marcin

mrwlodek
24-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Hall a8 tech,

I.ve inspected the alarm yesterday. Not all, beside big loom what goes to fuse box. If this is Scorpion 918 I don't why central locking system is conected:
PIN 6/15 dark green wire to green wire to air pump from door lock
PIN 7/15 bright green wire connected to PIN 10 in air pump plug
PIN 11/15 (grey) linked to 2/10 connected to PIN 7 in air pump plug (wire grey)

This is not the same what I've got on diagram for Scorpion 918. There isn't this option central locking but there are 4 other, i.e. mercedes-audi type central locking (diagram d). I don't have page 16 with diagram total closure system activation. Do you know how to connect PIN 1/10 and 2/10 total closure system activation?

Regards
Marcin