PDA

View Full Version : Question retro fit cruise control

Mr.I Kenney
22-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Hi
has anybody fitted cruise control to a passat tdi 130 2002?If so what is involved?The reason I am asking is that the idicator switch seems faulty so because I have got to change it I might as well pay a little bit extra for a switch that has cruise on it.
Cheers Ian

caldirun
23-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Hi
has anybody fitted cruise control to a passat tdi 130 2002?If so what is involved?The reason I am asking is that the idicator switch seems faulty so because I have got to change it I might as well pay a little bit extra for a switch that has cruise on it.
Cheers Ian
Here is a link to the destructions, part I dont like is removing the airbag, the spring clips are a bugger to get to.
http://vwgolfr32.co.uk/Passat-CCS.pdf

Mr.I Kenney
23-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Thanks for that. Abit more involved than I thought. Might get an independant to do it afterall.

Cheers Ian

snapdragon
23-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Try the dealer there was proper VW dealer on ebay doing it for £127 fitted last year, I haven't looked recently.

Mr.I Kenney
23-06-2008, 03:59 PM
hi
Ive just spoken to lion garage in Hinckley (leicestershire)and if I supply the switch he will fit it for £115 does any body know if that is about right.
Seems ok to me!
Cheers Ian

snapdragon
23-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Having fitted one, I would have paid a dealer that much to save day of scraped knuckles etc.... On mine, the wiring was really tight behind the dash. If you supply,make sure you include the correct mini- harness for your car too.

Mr.I Kenney
23-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Hi
The company that will supply the switch say that no additional equipment is needed.On looking at the image there is a wiring harness with it.
Cheers Ian

caldirun
23-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi
The company that will supply the switch say that no additional equipment is needed.On looking at the image there is a wiring harness with it.
Cheers Ian
Buy a kit from your local dealer, it only about £65 and comes with all you need and good instructions, Ebay is not always cheaper!

Mr.I Kenney
23-06-2008, 07:53 PM
I was looking to buy it from pw motorsport ltd.Anybody had any dealings with them?
Cheers Ian

mwvw
24-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi Ian
I bought my cruise control from PW Motorsport. No problems with them. Fast delivery and all the parts in the kit
The kit is pretty straight forward to fit, took me a morning to install - I posted the installation in the "How To" section as I thought that having some photos may help.
If you do it yourself, just be careful removing the wires from the wiring plugs. Also which way around you connect the wires into the existing wiring plugs, as the instructions are a little bit confusing at this point.
The biggest problem I had was with my version of VAG Com being corrupted on the laptop, so that I couldn't enable the CC. After a reinstall that was straight forward as well and every thing works ok

Mr.I Kenney
24-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi
Thanks. I would normally attempt it myself but me and the family are off into France in 2 weeks time and if things didn't work right I don't think I would hear the last of it!

Cheers Ian

daveo138
26-06-2008, 09:24 PM
I did mine with the aid of the 'how to' guide.

The worst bits were removing the airbag (half hour) and getting the multi-plug mounting plate out from under the ECU and fiddling with the wires while lying in the footwell.

If I could find a dealer to supply and fit for £125 - Teeside VW? - I definitely would next time.

Having said that, it works great. The bad news is I've just got a new job with a company car, so the Passat and cruise control will be going :(

Mr.I Kenney
07-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied. In the end didn't take the risk of fitting it myself so near to going away for hols. Got cruise fitted at Lion garage Hinckley. Works great.

:beerchug: Ian