PDA

View Full Version : New car questions from Newbie!

Tony Mannix
22-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Hi all,

I'm ordering my new company car this week and am drawn to the A4 having had a TT as my last personal car, I dont have much choice due to financial reasons and am having to settle for the 1.8t FSI SE model. I have a few questions...

From the three free colours (brilliant black, brilliant red and ibis white) does anybody have any recommendations? Does anyone have any photos of cars in these colours?

Similarly does anyone have any photos of the free 'cosinus cloth' seats?

If you dont have the sat nav option do you still get the collection of cool buttons and switches on the centre console? do they control the stereo? and does the screen in the middle of the dash show radio details etc or is it only for the satnav?

I dont want to order a car based on how it looks in the brochures and end up with something disappointing because all they've shown in the brochures are the top of the range models!

Thanks all

tomtom20
22-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi Tony,

Well if you look about other posts I have seen some photos up of an Ibis white which unlike many 'white cars' is very white and bright and looks good. The red, I have seen at a dealers and is OK to but the black, to my taste hides the lines of the car, rather they blend in a lot and because it is not metalic does nothing for the car.

As for your other questions:

1. Not having the SAT-NAV means you do not get the centre consol buttons around the gear lever. They are moved to the front facia just above the air temp controls. I am still not sure if it is a bad thing or not. They look fine, and in some cases I suspect having the MMI dial there and not raching back behind the gear lever may be better. The only switch you get behind the gear lever is the ESP button.

2. The screen you get in the facia is colour and shows the radio station, media (as in track listings if using an SD memory card with mp3's on it.) The MMI knob controls the staion's you are listening to and press in to select, or use the steering wheel mounted switch. The L.C.D screen in the dial cluster duplicates what is seen on the MMI screen, such as radio station but also digital speedo and M.PG info etc.

3. I did not pay extra for the better cloth seats. In a way I wish I did, but then do I? For really I have no idea what the better ones feel like. If I could would loved to have gone for leather, but being a company car could not. The best way I can describe them, is smooth, and hard wearing. I once owned a Mondeo GLX, it came with soft feel subtle seating, but the LX came with less soft seats. So in conculsion the standard cloth is a bit better than say, LX trim but not as nice or as soft as as GLX. If you get what I mean it has no 'pile' to it you can go into a Dealership and they should have swatches you can see 'n' feel - I did not get round to doing that before getting mine.

If no one else has, look out from posts from me after next weekend (30th June) as I will be posting up photos of my car and will take some of the interior seats for you. As for the car you won't be disapointed in the feel of it inside, the drive nor the looks it gets on the road! Hope this has helped somewhat.

Satch
22-06-2008, 09:33 PM
I believe the brilliant red looks stunning.:D

Some pics here http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=31929&highlight=pics+a4

MackemMan
23-06-2008, 06:32 PM
My salesman said he thought that white would be brilliant, but..... The "but" is that you should be prepared to go for something special to support the colour (as a minimum - S-line) & he also suggested black surrounds.

Seats are OK as standard.

digigriffin
23-06-2008, 07:19 PM
I would like to point out in advance this is purely my own humble opinion of the consinus cloth during the test drive.

I did not like the look and feel of the consinus cloth full stop.
I mentioned to the dealer that it reminded me of a very bad suit (not one I have every owned).

So prompted me to choose the milano leather instead.

RichardCranium
23-06-2008, 08:02 PM
click on my user name and have a look at my Ibis White SE in my album.

Much better than red;)

I went for the sports seats as i think the std cloth seats are pretty poor TBH

Chancerworld
23-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi

You dont get the buttons on the centre console its built on to the dashboard. The control operates everything via your display screen. Standard seats are very good design.

Satch
24-06-2008, 04:20 PM
I would like to point out in advance this is purely my own humble opinion of the consinus cloth during the test drive.

I did not like the look and feel of the consinus cloth full stop.
I mentioned to the dealer that it reminded me of a very bad suit (not one I have every owned).

So prompted me to choose the milano leather instead.

I love wearing very bad suits.:biglaugh: I only wear leather at the weekends.