PDA

View Full Version : damaged a4 wing mirror

the_ron
10-01-2007, 08:21 PM
hi there , i'm new to all of this but it seems to be my last resort. i've been trying to find a replacement wing mirror (o/s) for my 1998 a4. i ordered one from a breakers yard but was the wrong year and badly damaged so its put me off buying used parts. i can't seem to find a genuine audi replacement for the correct year or the correct colour. any ideas where i can get one from? thanks , Darren.:confused:

mr g
14-01-2007, 10:57 PM
hi there , i'm new to all of this but it seems to be my last resort. i've been trying to find a replacement wing mirror (o/s) for my 1998 a4. i ordered one from a breakers yard but was the wrong year and badly damaged so its put me off buying used parts. i can't seem to find a genuine audi replacement for the correct year or the correct colour. any ideas where i can get one from? thanks , Darren.:confused:

Keep an eye on ebay!
Some drunk person ripped my ns wing mirror off, in the street!
They didn't break the glass though. I got a new metal mounting frame for the mirror form the audi garage for about £60. I could then put the old cover on it and plug on the new glass.
To fit the mounting you need to prise the plastic cover off the inside of the door to reveal a large hexagonal bolt. Undoing this releases the mounting. There is a bit of foam packing stuff to move as well.
You need to take the door interior trim off to plug the electrics for the mirror in. The Audi A4 Haynes manual explains it quite well.

Graeme

eg: Still a breakers but:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A4-1997-O-S-GENUINE-WING-MIRROR-BLACK_W0QQitemZ290046249254QQihZ019QQcategoryZ1037 2QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

RickT
15-01-2007, 12:17 AM
just keep checking ebay each day....

RicKT

auiron
15-01-2007, 12:43 AM

Hi, This website might help a bit: http://www.volkswagenspares.com/page.php?page=Mirrors

the_ron
15-01-2007, 09:08 PM
thanks to both of your for your advice. after months of searching i finally found a second hand mirror from a breakers yard, not in the best condition but i was able to swap over the case so it looks as good as before.i too had mine damaged by some drunken muppet but thanks to you guys its sorted. cheers , Darren:beerchug: