PDA

View Full Version : was it just me or was GTI International a big let down this year.

londoncalling
22-06-2008, 01:51 PM
I spent yesterday at GTI INT and I must admit I was really disapointed witht the whole show.

I haven't been to the current site before as I used to go to the Ipswich site, so I don't know if it's always been like this.

To start off with I had to pay £25 to bring my van to do the auto jumble and the ticket cost was £17 which I thought was pretty steep.

According to the website the event would be "well sign posted" well if they call one sign that said "airfield" well sign posted then I'm sure it was.

The weather didn't help but that's not anyones fault, it didn't help that the auto jumble was stuck all the way over the other side and you had to walk all the way over to get to the other parts of the show.

All I seemed to hear from various traders was the fact that they had been shafted on their pitch prices and there was knowone their.

I wanted to do the two days but when I called up a few weeks ago they told me there where no offers on ticket prices and there was no camping. I spoke to a few people who told me they were all camping down by the old planes.........nice.

I just felt like because of the way the whole set up of the show was arranged it wasn't nearly as good as it could of been.

Saying all that I met some really nice people, sold a bit of stuff and ate a really nice cheese and onion pasty.

Bring on BVF in a few weeks!

jomo
23-06-2008, 09:04 PM
I agree, very diapointed. In fact it has got worse over the past few years. I've been going for the last 20 or so years, and have to say I shall not bother next year. Even GSF and Euro Car parts did not bother this year.

:zx11::zx11:

adam1.4biza
25-06-2008, 04:17 PM
same with me..

everyone had told me what a great day it would be, i got there at 8:30 am sunday morning, i had left by 1. not enough to do, nothing very well organised, the strip was crap, the list goes on... i doubt i will ever go again

shaqs77
27-06-2008, 12:40 PM
when it was near ipswich it was good, last year was ok, this year was ****. dont think i'll bother with next year. i fancy a show abroad now, either holland or germany.

londoncalling
27-06-2008, 07:23 PM
just wondering if anyone is off to the BVF up at Malvern this year? I've been here 3 times now and it's always been a really good weekend away.

vwnige
07-07-2008, 12:12 AM
I said the same to the missus the other day, i wont bother going next year.
There is far more to see at some of the other shows, BVF and VW northwest are far better in my opinion and cheaper.