PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember A7ufo

ajc
21-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Just been looking on you tube at my favorite golfs and i couldnt fing that mk1 16v with nitrous that was snot green with the reg A7 UFO..
Anyone remember it or know what happened to it. I saw it at gti spectacular at york raceway years ago and it was in a leauge of its own.. I know there are many fast golfs these days but that one sure stood out..

dandam
27-06-2008, 01:28 PM
I certainly remember it, was it a Dubsport car ? Generally the cars that never seem to die seem to be the mk1 VR6 (originally peach, green the last time I ever saw it), and the twin VR6 turbo mk3 with the mk4 front end - the sound of that on the quarter mile strip is something else :D

ajc
27-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Cheers for the reply dandam ! I didnt think it was going to get a reply.
The name ian birch has just sprung to my mind. Did it have a vr6 in it ???
As for some strange reason i have it in my head that it was a 16v with gas on it. It was about 12 years ago the last time i saw or heard of it. I cant even remember what 1/4 mile times it did.. All i know at the time it was very quick and was one of my favorite vw`s Might it of been 4wd as i seem to remember it gripping like **** and that blanket thing :biglaugh: I would love to know where it has got to or who has it and would like to see it back out.. In the dragracing scene (which is my hobby/sport) a lot of the past time race cars seem to be appearing back on the track.:D

dandam
27-06-2008, 02:08 PM
I'll have to have a look through the stash of old 'Golf' and 'PVW' magazines I have hiden under the bed in the spare room - my wife doesn't understand the need for the 'library' sometimes !! The first 'Golf' I have had the peach VR6, but I do remember a few twin engined golf's - and yes Jim Cotton was associated with most, if not all of them :beerchug:

Sam
27-06-2008, 02:24 PM
I saw A7 UFO in person many years ago - wow <woody>

As for the twin engined Golfs, I saw the baby blue with two VR6s in person too, that was an awesome sound and another near-trouser accident

ajc
27-06-2008, 05:52 PM
I saw the a7ufo at york racing 11 or 12 years ago and it was awsome. The twin engined vr6 turbo is owned by jeff sedan or however you spell his sir name:approve:. There also used to be a guy from down south called larry edwards who had a quick 16v mk2. It was red and silver. Dont know where that ended up as it just never came to race again.:(

petermonkey
16-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Did anyone remember the twin engine Golf Rallye that was also built by Ian Birch at Dubsport It appeared for only one year at GTi International and was sold to a farmer who never got the car out again. Where is it now?

17-04-2009, 12:33 PM
found this
regards sticky

dubbed_up_daz
26-05-2009, 11:55 PM
A7 UFO was a twin 2.016v with NOS iirc,then you had the orange rear engined turboed mk1,the twin VR'd rallye,the twin vrT mk3 owned by seddon,a black mk3 polo with a rear mounted 20vT and last i heard he was building a mk4 with two big power 20vT's

the peach now green vr mk1 was built by birch but for AWESOME GTi store

I seen both big dub and ufo on the 1/4 mile at inters moons ago and was amazed at their take off,even now they can still hold their own

talking about golden oldies does anyone remember simon faiers cobalt candy blue(nee loft kasner now mcconville)one of my all time favourites and still fresh after @ten years