PDA

View Full Version : Question B8 Avant Pictures?

JBlues
20-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Has anyone taken delivery of a B8 Avant yet.....especially with the open skies panoramic roof!?!?!?

If so could you share the pics!

stewartt997
20-06-2008, 01:40 PM
JBlues, Try giving this a go - a few decent pictures to give some idea!

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/gallery2.php?mode=album&album=/Audi/A4-S4-RS4%20(B5,%20B6,%20B7%20and%20B8)/A4%20Avant%20(B8)/Exterior%20-%20EU#

JBlues
20-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Cheers - thanks for that.

B6Andy101
22-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the link....anyone taken delivery yet....the wait is killing me. :aargh4:

a8 tech
22-06-2008, 10:40 PM
I have seen the b8 avant.
The avant looks fine but the back looks a6 ish and i havent seen any s lines yet which should look better but still b8 a4 is outstanding and i feel audi have pulled off yet another great improvement to a near perfect car.

JJAvant
23-06-2008, 08:52 PM
My dealer contacted me today to confirm that my Avant was built last week so presumably is on its way to Emden awaiting shipping to the UK. As soon as I have taken delivery (hopefully in a couple of weeks) I will post some pictures.

I understand that most dealers took delivery of their demos last week.

Production confirmed : 1.8TFSi SE Avant Multitronic in black, black sports seats, bluetooth, cruise, interior light pack, parking system plus, powered tailgate, load area rail system, storage pack, reversible boot mat & debadged.

JBlues
24-06-2008, 02:45 PM
You could well be the first one up! I think you're right about the dealers getting theirs - the Avant had it's official launch in the UK last weekend. I will have to wait until September!

B6Andy101
25-06-2008, 08:00 PM
You could well be the first one up! I think you're right about the dealers getting theirs - the Avant had it's official launch in the UK last weekend. I will have to wait until September!

Had a look at one in the flesh tonight at Leeds Audi. 3.0TDi SE Avant in Meteor. Looks good, very smart although not sure about the colour.

One thing I picked up was that you don't get the false floor in the load deck before you get down to the spare wheel. I have always found this very handy on my B6 for stashing away bags for life / high vis vest etc

JBlues
26-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Nice one. I haven't managed to get to either Bradford or Huddersfield yet.
I may just wait for the delivery and let it be a total shock / surprise!

I can't see Meteor being too popular a colour, must be a swine to keep clean. Having said that the current weather will help keep it clean!

JBlues
01-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Had a look at one in the flesh tonight at Leeds Audi. 3.0TDi SE Avant in Meteor. Looks good, very smart although not sure about the colour.

One thing I picked up was that you don't get the false floor in the load deck before you get down to the spare wheel. I have always found this very handy on my B6 for stashing away bags for life / high vis vest etc

Had a look at a grey B8 Avant S-Line 3.0TDi that had the panoramic sunroof. This was at Bradford Audi. Really nice car but the boot looks shallow compared with my B6 Passat and not as long. Also my head was very close to the roof so it could mean even more rapid hair loss when the sun is out! This car also had the powered boot closing which is fun. When open you just press a button on the inside lip of the boot and watch it close! I should have specced this....