PDA

View Full Version : Question Best diesel mods for your money

GrazzerFR
19-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Title says it all really.

Had my FR tdi since september, just wondering what mods everyone suggests?

Open to all ideas, expensive or dirt cheap, just no silly notions about magic celox 35bhp chips that are just silly little resistors.

Also any body mods that look good, and where to get them from?

Cheers!:biglaugh:

hongkongstuey
27-09-2008, 05:52 PM
give simon coe a ring at ccc tech, works with upsolute maps and has his leon chipped, goes really well, he did my passat 110 and now it is 143 ish, i reckon more like 150+ and still always over 55mpg over any distance wether nailin it or not, thats in a heavy passat too!

gogzyb
01-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Title says it all really.

Had my FR tdi since september, just wondering what mods everyone suggests?

Open to all ideas, expensive or dirt cheap, just no silly notions about magic celox 35bhp chips that are just silly little resistors.

Also any body mods that look good, and where to get them from?

Cheers!:biglaugh:

I bought an Vector Tuning Box from Elite Tuning for £190 - it is exactly the same as the more expensive Tunit box and to be honest, the performance increase in my Golf GT TDi 140 has been outstanding, it pulls like a train through 4th, 5th and 6th and as yet, I've yet to get less than 600 miles to a tank of diesel.

The unit is not the same as the cheap resistor types you see on eBay, but rather is a digital computer fitted between the injectors and the ECU. Best £190 I have ever spent.