PDA

View Full Version : 12 year corrosion guarentee - phase 1

Audi A4 Lover
19-06-2008, 12:10 PM
After recently hearding about the 12 year guarentee that coms with these lovely cars, Iv decided Im going to try and get a spot or paint done on mine, theres rust starting to come through were the rear door meets the wheel well.It doesnt really bother me that much, as theres only a bit, but if theres a chance I can get it sorted for nothing then I'm there! Iv been reffered to an Audi recommended body shop,as opposed to in house, so Im off to get my paint looked at, I'll keep you all up to date with my goings on!

con1981
19-06-2008, 12:33 PM
I've got a few major stone chips on my bora, which have begun to oose the orange stuff, i'll be interested to see if I'll be able to get these done.

Audi A4 Lover
19-06-2008, 12:36 PM
I wouldnt of thought stone chips were coverd, as thats not the paints fault if you get me?However for stone chips I highly recommend www.chipsaway.co.uk theyre mobile, and very reasonably priced

cmcb a3
21-06-2008, 05:51 PM
When you read the audi fine print it says that it will only cover corrosion from the inside to outside. How they tell this i am not sure but id be intererested to know how anyone gets on as my 2001 a3 could do with one or two bits being sorted

a9 wyn
21-06-2008, 07:10 PM
My wifes 2001 VW beetle is in for warranty work now for corrosion in the roof seams, apparantly according to the vw assessor a common problem with A6, Beetle mk1 A3's and TT's

paul b
22-06-2008, 05:44 PM
My wifes 2001 VW beetle is in for warranty work now for corrosion in the roof seams, apparantly according to the vw assessor a common problem with A6, Beetle mk1 A3's and TT's
Aye, with the A6 it was mainly the pre-facelift (pre-2001) models.

Mine has had none of those roof corrosion problems, so I'm happy.

Paul