PDA

View Full Version : 52 reg A4 aerial amp

Eclipse car Audio
09-01-2007, 06:58 PM
I have a customers A4 coming in that i need to replace the aerial amp on any ideas where it is as the manuals say it could be in either the D pillar, the tailgate, the boot or under the parcel shelf. The car is a 52 reg A4 1.9 tdi Quattro. Any help please:D

Froggy
10-01-2007, 11:59 AM
I have a customers A4 coming in that i need to replace the aerial amp on any ideas where it is as the manuals say it could be in either the D pillar, the tailgate, the boot or under the parcel shelf. The car is a 52 reg A4 1.9 tdi Quattro. Any help please:D

Saloon or Avant? I'm guessing saloon as you mention parcel shelf. Could do with a manufacturing date or VIN to pinpoint it properly.

JR001
10-01-2007, 07:25 PM
The aerial amplifier is under the roof trim at the top of the back window in my 2002 A4 saloon. Just remove the trim and disconnect earth and other connections. You will see a black rectangular device that is the amp.

Hope this helps.

Eclipse car Audio
10-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Saloon or Avant? I'm guessing saloon as you mention parcel shelf. Could do with a manufacturing date or VIN to pinpoint it properly.

Hi It is a saloon version and the VIN no. is WAUZZZ8E13A159185

Many Thanks

JR001
10-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Yes, according to ELSAWIN its location is where I described.
I've assumed the gearbox is AWX AND IT'S THE 130BHP MODEL?

Cheers,

JR001
10-01-2007, 07:57 PM
If you need pic/instructions then PM me with your email address.

Eclipse car Audio
12-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the pics and instructions JR most helpful, the car came in today and was on its way back out 30 mins later although I don't think the owner was too impressed that the amp cost just under £120 from Audi dealer. However the info made my life a lot easier and I now have a very happy customer

Thanks

Jr sorry I couldn't reply to your PM but for some reason I kept getting an error when trying to send to you:confused:

JR001
12-01-2007, 09:42 PM
No problem Eclipse. Thanks for the thanks!!
Was the customer having crappy FM reception by any chance?
Many people on the forum are complaining about this and I was wondering if replacing the aerial amp is the solution to their problems, mine included.

Or was your customer having some other issue with the radio?

Best wishes.

Eclipse car Audio
12-01-2007, 11:27 PM
The problem the customer was having was that they could only pick BBC stations (the strongest) the best way to check is to remove the radio, take out the aerial plug and insert one end (the pointy one) of a test light into the radio aerial socket and hold the other end (the crocodile clip end) up in the air and then tr to retune the radio if you now pick up other stations or a better reception then I would say that the amp has gone. On this car the earth terminal on the amp has come right off of the board.

Hope this helps

Eclipse Car Audio