PDA

View Full Version : Starter motor for Mk3 Golf TDi

j_coupland
16-04-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi all.

I'm looking for a reconditioned starter for my Golf and a scrap yard I phoned has a few but I was asked what version of starter it was. Apparently there are two versions for my engine, one with a nose cone on the end and another with a sliding bush. They said if I had a Bosch part number that would help but I couldn't see one on it. The engine code is 1Z and it is a TDi 90 (66Kw).

Can anyone help?

Thanks
John

stuart
16-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Hi John

First of all, thank you for the donation via paypal, this will go towards the up keep of the site, I do apprciate it very much.

I have not got the Bosch number available at the moment, only the original Volkswagen number. If you can hang on until Monday, I should be able to cross referance that at work.

Before you buy from a breakers, I will check the cost on a Reconditioned unit at work, this would come with a 12 month/12000 miles warranty, and from past experiance breakers are not always cheap.

I will be in touch Monday if you can wait?

Stuart

j_coupland
16-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Hey Stuart.

No probs with the donation. Just let me know if you need any regular payments and how much.

I'm going to the scrappies tomorrow and I'm going to remove it and get the replacement there and then. It's £30 + VAT and I think it's just a part from an old Golf which means I can keep the old one just in case. It still works but it squeaks sometimes.

Thanks anyway and I'll let you know how I get on.

Regards
John

stuart
16-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Hi John

I do not intend to make anyone who joins to pay on a regular basis to use it, I did not, and do not if possible ever want to do so either :) any donations members like yourself feel fit to give will be appreciated, but never requested, but thank you for the donation and offer.

As for the starter, once you get the iold one off, VW put all the numbers on the body or solenoid of the starter, so you should be able to match them up ok, with a bit of cleaning :)

Any problems, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Thanks again

Stuart