PDA

View Full Version : half boost

rubezz
18-06-2008, 03:28 PM
hi i wonder if anyone has any clue whats going on here. i have a leon cupra R and the turbo seems to be kicking in late. usually it kicks in at 2000rpm on the dot. now in lower gears like 2 and 3 it hardly does anything (kicks in later and is very soft sounding and doesnt seem to do much) but 4th and 5th are a lot better.

i feel in 2nd gear, i run out of revs more easily and i cant accelerate as much as i could (have to change gear at 3000rpm now) where as before the turbo would have taken over and gave me longer acceleration without changing gear.
as i say the problem gets better in higher gears like 5th but the turbo is best at use on lower gears when accelerating.

does anyone have any ideas why its behaving like this?!

cheers/.

vagtune
19-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Hi Rubezz,

Get it on to a diag machine and check the airflow meter to see if it is reading correctly, if not then it is faulty, also check for any faults whilst you are there. Another quick diagnosis is to disconnect the plug from the air mass and if the car goes better, then you know it's faulty. Will bring esp light on though, so you will have to cancel that to.

Hope this helps,

Lee
VAGTUNE