PDA

View Full Version : T4 Grill removal question

Gilbz
17-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Just joined this forum and have learnt something already! And it was nothing to do with my problem!!

Anyway moving on!

I need to access the engine bay and reading the manual it says remove 4 bolts, lift grill/ radiator and pull forward.

Now in the pic it shows the grill pulls down in a big square'ish piece with 2 parts of the grill and a piece of colour coded bodywork.

On my Van the colour coded bodywork is the width of the van, not a small piece like it shows in the manual

Sorry for the description it's not my strongest subject!

Any ideas? I've noticed other T4's with the same long bodywork piece and wonder how the hell it pulls forward??

Or do I have the wrong manual for my Van lol!!

Cheers in advance for the help.

I'm off to search other problems with my wagon!!

kenney
17-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi There are 2 screws which hold the panel to the grill and on the sides of the panel you need to make yourself a tool to pull the the panel out from the front wings,a piece of welding wire and bend the tip, insert at the back of the panel on the top and pull forward,do the same at the bottom of the panel

Gilbz
17-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Hey Kenney!
Thanks for that, I just found out where I put the 'Radiator Grill Removal Tool' which I got with the tool kit when I bought the van!

They don't make it very obvious do they!
I've also found out why there are small chip marks in the paint where the panel clips back in!

After all that I don't need to remove the rad after all. What I was trying to get at was the Cold Start cable as mine seems to have snapped.
But I found out where the Servo Pump is so I can get on and replace that. I've had the pump on the kitchen worktop for the past year lol!!

Thanks again mate