PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 TDi Quattro

Top Snagger
16-06-2008, 11:42 AM
My first post, so apologies if this is in the wrong forum etc.

I've wanted a TT for years, and have finally got myself on the waiting list for delivery of a new TT TDi (approx delivery Oct 08 :mad:).
I've read a few official reviews recently on various websites which don't seem bad, so I thought I'd put the 'feelers' out and find out what the experts (people that drive TT's day to day!) think about this new 'Diesel sports coupe'.
My thinking was that there would be a large demand considering the 52mpg economy, and hopefully the residual value would remain high. I can't help but worry though, about the current trend in the price of diesel at the moment (£1.31 litre). This will surely put people off diesel cars, & maybe sports cars as a whole! Anyway, I digress - Any views?

Top Snagger
21-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the opinion. Nice to know people like diesel cars as a few lads at work raised their eyebrows when I told them I was getting the diesel version!
After reading some forums recently it appears that the exhaust is fitted with some form of particle filter, which should eliminate the 'black smoke' problem associated with diesels. It also appears the TDi will get the 'White DIS' display which looks much better than the standard red. And with quattro as standard I reckon its well worth the extra grand!

tonyosailing
23-07-2008, 04:50 PM
I collect my new TT TDi Coupe Quattro tomorrow - so I'll let you know!

Top Snagger
04-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks. Out of Intersest, when did you place your order.
I ordered in March and still haven't had a build week confirmed?

tonyosailing
04-08-2008, 05:27 PM
I also ordered in March - when the car was first announced - and it was ready me to collect in Mid July - built to order, with a number of factory fit extras (Bose etc). I was originally told in might be September. I'd chase your dealer - mine could give me a confirmed "build" date by early May. You are going for the coupe rather than soft top?

BTW, I've now done 600 miles and Its GREAT! Doesn't feel or sound like a diesel at all - feels more like a petrol engine, but with extra low down torque. Managing about 38mpg, but that should go up - I'm expecting about 44 mpg day to day.

Top Snagger
14-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Finally! Got informed of Build Week 36, which is about 1st Sept.
Looks like i've been shafted, but i suppose it will be a 58 plate by the time i get it.

It is a coupe by the way.

nickyt83
01-10-2008, 10:50 PM
First post here too, I picked up my tt tdi on Monday and I love it, done 200miles so far and cant get enough !! the cars computer tells me i've managed 38 mpg so far which is quite impressive as i've not been driving many long distances, mostly in town and mostly with reletively (dont want to be too rough in its first few miles) hard accelerating to get a feel for the engine. My previous car was an a3 2.0 tdi dsg and the difference in the engine behaviour and response time is night and day. There is instant power when required, providing you are in the correct gear, and it revs surprisingly high with well distibuted power across the range. As the previous poster stated no black smoke, which is very welcome indeed.
Ride comfort is nice too, it feels firm but not wince inducing when you go over a bump (i have the normal suspension).
On a separate point what do you folks think about having the TDi badge on show, mine has it, I didnt really think of it at the time, but I'm now beginning to wonder if its better to leave people guessing, or should you be proud to advertise the very nice engine underneath the bonnet ?

Top Snagger
06-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Got mine last week. Loving it!
The friends who have seen it all comment on what a stunning car it is and how it 'doesn't sound like a diesel'! It really is a pleasure to drive.
As for the badge, I'm happy advertising the fact that it is a TDi (nothing to be ashamed of), as its the only way people will find out due to the lack of 'black smoke' pumping out of the exhaust.

nickyt83
06-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Nice one m8, the white looks good on the TT. Gotta say the black smoke was my biggest worry i'm really glad they have sorted it.

Parts4Euro.com
15-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Nice car, wish they had TDI engines for TT in USA.

robhills
04-11-2008, 06:35 AM
I did think about a TDI but in the end went for a petrol. Its doing between 35 (shorter mixed trips) and 42 mpg (50miles +). :biglaugh: With the difference in fuel prices I'm more than happy I tend to agree with you that it will open up a whole new market when you come to sell.

AJunior
30-01-2009, 02:28 PM
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/audi/2008-audi-tt-20-tdi-quattro-ar53119.html