PDA

View Full Version : Help

fazerman
15-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction re how to use SD cards? :confused::confused:

belly buster
15-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction re how to use SD cards? :confused::confused:
Push them in the little slot just below the CD player.

HotChip
16-06-2008, 02:07 PM

What do you need to know? There is another thread on the go just now which covers just about everything.

HotChip

tomtom20
21-06-2008, 03:28 AM
I will include a copy of a previous post I made with reference to this below. As said before there are other threads that cover this topic. But basically the SD card slot takes an SD card not exceeding 2 Gigabytes (2GB) in capacity. You then use your home computer to copy to the SD card the music tracks you want to play back in the car. You can only use .mp3 (possibly .mp4) formats. So if you use iTunes (AAC) formats you won't be able to put them on the SD card and play back in the Audi. Also, DRM or copyright protected tracks won't play back either in the car.

I use Windows Media Player to store and playback my tracks. Simply Syncing the SD card with that and copying over the play lists does not mean they are in the order you have them, nor in the play lists you have them on W.M.P. It took some time to figure out, but I have created folders on the computer, and named them as 'types' such as Rock, Dance etc and within these put associated music files. In order to keep them in order, I prefixed each track with a number 1,2,3 and so on. This means the Audi will cut off the number prefix, but keep the tracks in that order, and the folders I can then select depending what mood I am in. Note if you have a folder tree more than 4 deep it will only 'see' the first 4 in the car. But really a great boon, no need to carry CD's in the car and for cheap SD cards have a look at www.mymemory.co.uk they are based in Jersey, free postage and you save big compared to the high street. Don't get more than 2GB, as this is the maximum the car can read from.

fazerman
21-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks for that very useful guide! I will buy a card and get loading in readiness for my 2.0Tdi S-line Avant in September!! :biglaugh:

mkc
21-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Go to somewhere like www.ebuyer.co.uk (http://www.ebuyer.co.uk) for all your SD card neeeds. A fraction of the highstreet price.