PDA

View Full Version : Question Will I get an S-line with Sports Suspension up a track?

A1exp
15-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Hi All,

I'm just due a new company car and I fancy the A4 S-line in Phantom black, but I'm a bit worried about getting it up the track to my house.

It's not 4x4 territory but the track's about 1/2 mile long, there's steep-ish bit (gravel and pretty level), and a stretch that's pretty uneven with a few shallow pot-holes (currently get a Ford Galaxy, Honda Civic and Focus up the track with a bit of effort)

Anybody got any experience about how low the S-line sits on sport (20mm) suspension with the standard 18" wheels?

If the worst comes to the worst I'll be out with a bag of gravel and a spade but a current S-line owner (B7) has told me horror stories about struggling to get it out of car-parks etc and scraping the underneath badly.

two_paracetamol
11-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Last year I got "TomTom"ed in my A3 S-Line (which is similar ride height etc) down a pretty rough track. Rocks and holes everywhere and nowhere to turn around. The suspension coped perfectly well and I am sure I would not have made it without Quattro. But it is not all good news... 3 out of four alloys were completely goosed. In my experience it is not the suspension or ride height that will cause you problems but Audi alloys are a nightmare for getting scraped easily and the S-lines do tend to go for the ultra low pro tyres.

I reckon go for quattro and just make sure there are no jutting rocks or big holes and all will be well.