PDA

View Full Version : your intital thoughts

shab_k
15-06-2008, 03:20 AM
so when you went to pick up your new q7 at the dealers or it was delivered to your door. what was the 1st thing you thought when you saw it.

geting mine at the dealers on the 4th august. so does anyone know how long it takes til i can collect it once it arrives at the dealers. thank you

Qcut
18-06-2008, 02:13 PM
so when you went to pick up your new q7 at the dealers or it was delivered to your door. what was the 1st thing you thought when you saw it.

geting mine at the dealers on the 4th august. so does anyone know how long it takes til i can collect it once it arrives at the dealers. thank you

Had mine delivered and remember thinking, 'blimey that's a lot bigger car than I remembered' which was swiftly followed by, 'what a beaut..'

shab_k
19-06-2008, 12:37 AM
you might be able to help me here. i have bin told it will be at the dealers on the 4th august. how long is the process from there before i can pick it up...

Qcut
25-06-2008, 04:46 PM
you might be able to help me here. i have bin told it will be at the dealers on the 4th august. how long is the process from there before i can pick it up...

Basically they need to complete the documentation and valet it so it should be a day or two - longer if you have funds to clear in payment first.

Averroes
15-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Haha ironic you say this as I felt the same, thought it was much bigger than I had imagined and looked absolutely stunning especially since i had not seen many people with the larger RS4 style wheels and side running boards

O also we got our Q7 a day prior to 08 was released but had to promise not to drive until the day after ;)

Regarding your car, so long as all your documentation and relevant fund had been cleared previously, Id say you should be able to collect immediately if you request it not to have a valet done which even though I requested they still valeted. I am a perfectionist and dont allow anyone to clean my cars ;)

Hope that helps Shab

Kindest Regards

Adil

shab_k
24-08-2008, 08:37 AM
have had the car for a month and love it to bits. howveer the economy is alot lower then i thought. around 19/20 mpg around town and 25/28 on the motorway is this normal. i do drive it very gently.
gt a problem with it using alot of water 2 litres every 50 miles. dealers dont know what they are talking about.

Averroes
25-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Shab Audi dealers are rubbish mate, especially here in Bradford.

In general their service is dire,

But ill tell you this much, they are surprisingly very thirsty in every department including silly things such as the washer bottle also. use it a few times and its empty, on fuel its thirsty, water is thirsty as you have said but the main thing is the enjoyment. I got mine a day before 08 officially come out, was admiring it the whole day as i wasnt allowed to drive it until the day after ;)

RickT
25-08-2008, 01:03 AM
gt a problem with it using alot of water 2 litres every 50 miles. dealers dont know what they are talking about.

Hi,

Are you reffering to water as in screen wash?? I hiope you are not reffering to coolant!!

In regards to the MPG.. this will increase one you have got them miles on her..

Rick

shab_k
26-08-2008, 12:02 AM
im refering to coolant. its using up 2 litres every 50 miles or even less at times. been too busy to take it into dealers and when i did they said nothing wrong with the car.

Jam Man
05-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Mine is 2 years old now and 60k miles.

I have never put coolant in it (and I do check the levels).

Also getting 28-30mpg on morotway runs - not driving gently.

shab_k
06-09-2008, 11:16 PM
was geting 27ish on the motorway driving at 70. thats with 4k on the clock, at audi geting repaired as we speak however they dont have the parts in stock so 7-14 days waiting time.
car was coughing out lots of white smoke even when the engine was nice and warm also was shakey at idle. :'-(

Averroes
07-09-2008, 10:40 AM
strange experience there shab, Mine is also thirsty but I have assumed it to be perfectly normal for a 3.0 SUV. Ive hada few other people also tell me their surprise at the high running costs even for a Diesel. In all honesty, I think I got more mileage out of my 535D M Sport compared to this

shab_k
08-09-2008, 01:34 PM
535d are awesome for the performance and economy. i hope the q7 gets a little better when it comes back. been given an audi a6 avant as a courtesy car.

Averroes
08-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Defo a great car, really do miss it. However for my family car I needed the extra seats. So it was either a MPV which I wouldnt like to be seen driving or a X5 or Q7. Between the two the Q7 tickled all the boxes for me and besides we have had lots of Audi/VWs in the family already so know what we were dealing with.

Lets just hope your comes back better and the problem you experienced was simply an isolated case

shab_k
12-09-2008, 12:40 AM
spoke to audi today and they said i should have it back on tuesday/wednesday. fingers crossed it will come back sorted.