PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat repair on alhambra

hulse
14-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi All.
Hope someone can help.
Thermostat has gone on my alhambra and having bought new one cannot work out where the !%$^ love is located. And cannot find any guide or manual to help me!
Any advice or guidance would be great
Thanks
Steve

Col
14-06-2008, 12:52 PM
What engine / year etc ?

dibly
14-07-2008, 10:56 PM
hi i had a problem with my 19tdi--i actually got the garage to do it--but its at the front of the engine--thats front side --towards the grill -and near enough in the lower middle--bit of a fiddle to get at and fits where the pipe meets the block--not to difficult if you have three elbows in your arm--and it still wont heat quickly in really cold weather

have fun--takes about an hour

gb02dcb
25-09-2011, 01:58 PM
If its an Alhambra Diesel there should be an auxiliary heater (it is under the body of the car and has a short exhaust pipe just in front of th N/s rear wheel). This is because e diesel engines run fairly cool. See other threads on this site about this and glow plugs.

Crasher
25-09-2011, 02:13 PM
I hope after three years he has it sorted by now...

dibly
25-09-2011, 02:22 PM
hi i had a problem with my 19tdi--i actually got the garage to do it--but its at the front of the engine--thats front side --towards the grill -and near enough in the lower middle--bit of a fiddle to get at and fits where the pipe meets the block--not to difficult if you have three elbows in your arm--and it still wont heat quickly in really cold weather

have fun--takes about an hour
yup done that and now sold tha vehicle to my nephew--so still got it really--thanks for you help guys

gb02dcb
25-09-2011, 04:04 PM
I hope after three years he has it sorted by now...

I hope so too,
BUT
I sometimes get ideas/knowledge here and use it as a reference.

That's why I decided to "give something back" .:p