PDA

View Full Version : Rear Wiper stopped working

Slur
08-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi,

I am new here good forums very informative.
I have currently a 2001 MkIV Golf GTI Turbo,

this morning the rear wiper stopped working and I was wondering if anyone knows of a few simple things I can check to see if it is a blown fuse, I do not have the owners manual as the car did not have one when I bought it so I don't have a fuse diagram.

I got the car washed yesterday evening with a power washer and was wondering if this has affected the wiper in any way, It was working this morning
and then just stopped.

Any ideas much appreciated,

Regards

bora(ing) nick
08-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Golf IV's tend to let water into the boot skin and i bet it'll start playing havoc with you alarm system soon too! (if you have the original fitted).

My advice would be to remove the door/boot card and have a look for water ingress, and dry out where possible, and seal / re/seal the offending area.

Failing that i'm not much use to you....

Let us know how you get on

Nick

bora(ing) nick
08-01-2007, 04:58 PM
oh yeah and another thing....

At least you've got a rear wiper, they must of forgotten to put one on the BORA. Bl**dy Nightmare when it's persisting down! :mad:

davegwynn
30-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Had the same thing happen to the wiper at the rear of my passat estate. Didn't seem to be any water ingress, all fuses ok. Took the wiper out, tried to dismantle and have a look at what was up with it, but couldn't get too far into it. Have lived without for the last few months. Be interested to hear if you get yours fixed/how much it cost. Driving an estate around on dirty roads with no rear wiper soon leaves you driving it like a van..