PDA

View Full Version : Water in rear passenger footwell

avantiblue
08-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Recently have noticed a little water in the rear passenger footwell of my 1.8 A4 Avanti Turbo Sport 1999, yesterday went to check it and it is full of water, it is only in that footwell the rest of the car is dry, cant understand where it is coming from?, can anyone help.

Sam
08-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Pop the bonnet and check the area around the battery to see if it's full of water. If it is, you have blocked drainage bungs.

There's posts around on how to clear them - let me know if you need any pointers.

JoGibson
08-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Check your sunroof drains too (if you have one).

Jo

av18tor
08-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Have a look at the rear window washer pipe... on my one there is a joint, scarilly enough, just above a connector block in the wiring loom. Some time ago it came apart and filled both footwells with the blue stuff! (it runs down the left side of the car through the passenger footwells)

auiron
09-01-2007, 01:43 AM
Recently have noticed a little water in the rear passenger footwell of my 1.8 A4 Avanti Turbo Sport 1999, yesterday went to check it and it is full of water, it is only in that footwell the rest of the car is dry, cant understand where it is coming from?, can anyone help.

Try http://www.weirdlittlebiscuit.com/passat/leak/

Sure it's a Passat, but at least it shows a possible problem on your car - drain holes.

This may be combined with a leak at your pollen filter holder. ( If you unbolt the holder, take care, the bolts are made of soft metal, so do not over tighten. )