PDA

View Full Version : 1.8t Ignit Problems??

Andyrg
11-04-2005, 09:51 PM
Look @ me postign all these posts ;-)

I hear that the golfs 1.8 T can suffer from a Ignistion problem>>?? Coil unit is this the coil packs that sit on top of the spark plug???

Regards

Andy

stuart
12-04-2005, 05:55 AM
Look @ me postign all these posts ;-)

I hear that the golfs 1.8 T can suffer from a Ignistion problem>>?? Coil unit is this the coil packs that sit on top of the spark plug???

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy, Nice to see a regular post:) The ignition coils sit on each spark plug, 4 in total.

Ignition coils were a major problem a couple of years ago, but VAG modified the ignition coils. Until they modified them, the car would be "off the road" for days waiting for supply of the new coil.

Since the modified part was issued, the failure rate has dropped, although it has not been eliminated.

Stuart

Andyrg
12-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Renault have the same problem still......... You can tell if they have been replaced as standard ones are black replacement ones have a grey top... Is this the same with VAG?? i know renualt charger £43 each for theres i bet VW are more expensive :confused:

Is this forum pretty new? as not a lot of posts ill do some flyerign when i get golf friday

Andy

stuart
12-04-2005, 09:49 AM
We sell hundreds of Renault coils :) at £30.00 each.

If I remember correct, VAG dropped the price of there coils after all the problems, and they now cost around £20.00 each. With VAG, they change the last letter in the part number to determin the "version" of the coil.

The site started around 10 months ago, but I wanted to get the site looking right before I promoted it, which I am doing now. In December 2004 it had 70 members, which has now increased to 270 ish. All I need now is for people to use it :) I appreciate that there are loads of other sites out there, better than this, but they all started somewhere :) I will keep trying, it will take off in the end :) I am in no rush......

Having just invested in a new server, which allows more space, more bandwidth, and more porsonal control, I have a few more additions in the "pipeline", such as a gallery, chatroom, more colour schemes etc, plus any other ideas people have.

Thanks for your input into the site, it is appreciated.

Stuart