PDA

View Full Version : Drivers door card on '01 Bora

Dermo123
08-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Looking for a bit guidance on how to remove the drivers door card on a '01 Bora. I have released everything holding the edge of the card. Behind the centre pull handle for closing the door there is obviously screws that I need to get at. Does anyone know which bits of the trim I need to release to proceed. I tried prising out some of the trim with a screw driver but it I am afraid of breaking something. I do not have a manual handy at the moment.

I am trying to get at a dodgy microswitch that indicates whether the door is open or closed.

Cheers

bora(ing) nick
08-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Hya,

From memory, there are two philips head screws behind the door handle.

You get to these by prising the face of the lever (not the smaller plastic insert) away from the door.

It does sometimes feel like it willl snap, but it's just the 3 little yellow clips that are digging into the plasic to try and hold it on.

Once you got that off, just lift the door card up gently and unhook the handle cable, and the electric window / mirror connectors and away you go.

Just remember to take note of which way round the hook goes back into the "eye" of the door handle, i put mine in the wrong way round and it rattled like mad. (cured with a bit of insulation tape!)

let us know how you get on.

Nick

Dermo123
08-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the reply Nick but what you are describing sounds like the handle on the front passenger door. The drivers handle has a different layout due to the incorporation of the electric window switches etc.
I have added photos of what I am looking at

bora(ing) nick
08-01-2007, 04:35 PM
You're right!!! :o :Blush2:

Sorry!!!!

and to top it off..... i have no idea how to get to the screws behind the electric window control module. :o

I didn't even realise they were different! :o

Now where did i put them teeth .......

Snowdance38
09-01-2007, 02:22 PM
On my O2 with E/Windows I can pry off the part of the cover on the window switch that covers the handle part (Out side part of the chrome cover in your pic.) then get to the switches and some screws.. However the cover on yours looks like one piece.. Or is it two pieces and I just can not see the crack where the cover is split????

Snowdance38
10-01-2007, 02:52 AM
OK I went out and took mine apart.. While its not chrome odds are it comes apart much the same.. You need to pry at the edge of the chrome under the handle and take the out side off first.. Then It will come off.. You can change the switch by just taking the cover off and after the switch is off you can remove more screws..

However Do not get in to big a hurry.. I have no clue what your chrome piece is made of.. I dislike chrome so mine is just the same color as the rest of the inside of the car..