PDA

View Full Version : Attention Ordering a key!

sdk778
12-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Sorry if this is a bit long, just wound me up.

I went to my local dealer (Parklands Audi in Gloucester) to enquire about ordering a new key as i only had one, they were more than helpful, taking my chassis number and getting me a price for the pre-cut key. I decided to go ahead with this as the price was not too bad after all and left promising to return when the key had arrived.
Two days later i get a phone call so off i pop to collect it, it was then that this smarmy, ill fitting suit wearing parts git explained that the key was useless unless i have it programmed by them, he went on to to say that only Audi could do this, no one else has their 'unrivalled technology' or 'highly trained technicians'.
Ok say's i, lets get that done then, 'oh no' says Mr Smarmy, it will need to be booked in with the service reception to allow a time slot.
I walked out and went into service and arranged a time for later in the week.
Off i go to my pre-arranged booking only to be told that i would have to wait as it was a half hour job and they were running behind, at 9.00am??, 'cup of coffee sir?' Ok.
I sat in reception with my car in my view at all times parked outside, after 40 minutes a greasy little oik shuffled round, jumped in my car and pulled into the service bay, the car remained un-touched for another 30 minutes untill some guy popped the bonnet and drivers door, plugged his machine into the diagnostic socket under the ash-tray, 20 seconds later he shut the bonnet, drove it back into the car park, handed the keys to the reception girl and went on his way, i am still sat watching the reception girl reading a magazine, after 10 minutes i walked over to enquire if my car was ready, 'not yet sir, shouldn't be long now'. Eh???
I expalined that my car was outside and the keys on her desk were mine, 'Oh are they?', 'i'll just go and see'.
10 minutes later she comes back, 'Ok sir, your car is now ready, i am just waiting for the service manager to bring it round',
keys still on her desk mind, car has been back for 25 minutes now, starting to lose it,
'You have the keys on your desk, the car is outside in the car park, the job sheet is right in front of you, give me my car please, NOW'!
'Ok sir, here is your bill for one hours labour'
To programme a key.
After a long argument, i was billed for 1/3 of an hour and given a voucher for a free MOT test. I paid and left, grumbling all the way home.
One good thing though, when i collected the key they told me to pay for it when it was programmed, they never charged me for it.

Never been back, if i have to use a main dealer i always go to Listers in Worcestershire, excellent people.