PDA

View Full Version : Alpine vehicle display interface for audi A4 B6?

dansansome
12-06-2008, 12:39 PM
does anyone know where i can get hold of (or look on the net at) the vehicle display interface leads for alpine head units?

im wondering if they make one for the audi A4 B6, so that track/station info from an apline head unit will be displayed on the DIS as it does currently using the boggo concert unit.

thanks for any help

alisonj
12-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Hello - I'm in the middle of replacing my standard stereo (A4 Avant B7 with Concert II) with an Alpine. I asked exactly this question of a couple of places and as far as they knew no one makes the correct lead yet.

You can get hold of the Connects2 catalogue online - if you have a look you'll see a section for 'Display and Adapter leads' -- apparently this is the lead we would need. However, they don't make one for Audi yet :(

dansansome
12-06-2008, 04:21 PM
thanks. i had a good look round that connect2 website.

i think im going to send an email to alpine themselves to see if they make anything. seems pretty silly for them to make head units that are OEM display compatible, then not make a lead for it to actually interface.

alisonj
12-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Good luck - I'll look forward to hearing how you get on!

I've got the Alpine steering control interface lead and unfortunately it seems like it only does the volume button. I'm not sure if that's because I've got the phone kit but it's a bit disappointing.

The other buttons still control the phone so I'm happy enough (at least they still do something useful!).