PDA

View Full Version : Remaps - Economy

danclyon
12-06-2008, 08:02 AM
I know a few on here have had remaps done - but with the price of fuel as it is at the moment, it begs the question is it the time to have one done.

Has anyone here had a remap done on a 130 Tdi (Multitronic if that makes a diff). What sort of conomy increase did you manage to achieve? I'm just clipping under 50Mpg at the moment, but hear that the manual version of the PD donk can achieve nearly 60mpg??

Cheers,
Dan.

fasttdi
12-06-2008, 03:18 PM
I know a few on here have had remaps done - but with the price of fuel as it is at the moment, it begs the question is it the time to have one done.

Has anyone here had a remap done on a 130 Tdi (Multitronic if that makes a diff). What sort of conomy increase did you manage to achieve? I'm just clipping under 50Mpg at the moment, but hear that the manual version of the PD donk can achieve nearly 60mpg??

Cheers,
Dan.

Ive had remap done but unfortunately my results were not to boast about. Now my remap has been corrected this week, im still monitoring the mpg. The first day or so i wont count after remap cos i was enjoying the power increase and got a little carried away with right foot!

VagPower
12-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Sorry to hijack, but is there a massive difference?

mluton
12-06-2008, 06:15 PM
On my petrol car I gainedd 5 MPG on my work run after my map