PDA

View Full Version : noise from tdi 100pd bora

martyb123
07-01-2007, 10:04 PM
hi ppl just new to the forum and thanks for having me. i have a 2002 bora tdi 100pd, there is an unsuall noise that comes and goes from beneith the bonnet when it comes it sounds like a tractor like there is an air problem, i thought it might of been the turbo. i brought it to one mechanic and he said it was the fanbelt and tensioner needed replaced so he replaced it for me but no good still there. then brought it to another mechanic he said flywheel so i got a new flywheel and clutch put it and guess what still there. when the noise comes it seems to loose a bit of power and only comes after about 2000rpm and also the big pipe that goes into the turbo when revved that pipe seems to vibrate alot. any help of what it might be would be great, if im allowed i will try and record the noise and send it to someone to listen to spent a fortune already dont really want to spend anymore. appreciate the help

devonutopia
07-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Hmmm, the one time my engine sounded quite tractory at times was when my EGR blocking pipe came undone, and my engine bay started filling up with exhaust smoke and the engine started performing very odd. Do you have full performance despite the noise?

Could just be a sensor if it comes and goes. Worth doing a diagnoses check to see if any faults have logged to give a clue. :) I can do this but am in Devon.

martyb123
08-01-2007, 01:24 AM
cheers mate but im a bit far im in belfast, i have recorded the sound but it is a bit big to upload, i could send it to you to have a listen to and see what u make of it. there is nothing more annoying than a noise from under the bonnet and not knowing what it is hey, lol appreciate the response mate

martyb123
08-01-2007, 08:37 PM
hi ppl got car diagnoisis done today 3 faults found in engine

1.) manifold pressure sensor (cant remember all)

2.) manifold temp sensor (cant remember all)

3.)18261- powertrain data bus: implausible message from abs controller P1853-35-00--

the first two i forgot 2 write down properly sorry. but after the faults were cleared the noise has seemed to go away. i then got my mate to put it back on the machine about 3 hrs later and only the 3rd fault came up which i fully took down. anybody shed a bit of light what could be wrong and also if clearing faults could of rest the sensors , thanks