PDA

View Full Version : help no power

GAZZA350@HOTMAI
11-06-2008, 07:43 PM
need help desperatly. 225 tt feels like the turbos gone. no power at all. had loads replaced, maff, plugs, temp sensor, coil packs and fuel filter. garage reckons its bad fuel and should clear after a few tanks. any body had this problem? no fault codes comming up either!

a8 tech
11-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Check boost pressure and fuel pressure.
Check recirc valve and intercooler air temp/pressure sensor

GAZZA350@HOTMAI
12-06-2008, 10:46 PM
ok cheers mate. will do. surely a fault code would come up with low fuel pressure or charge air temp sensor? recirc valve is new forge oo7p so can rule that out. is there any way of checking fuel pressure myself?

GAZZA350@HOTMAI
13-06-2008, 11:29 PM
I forgot to mention the car idle s perfect no smoke on accelaration or anything. the engine note sound horrible and strugles to rev up tp 4k. heard about the n75 valves that cause boost problems so mite try that. any help would be much appreciated.

a8 tech
14-06-2008, 05:38 AM
Sorry Gazza,ive been busy.
Ok the intercooler intake sensor wont always store a fault code so disconnect it and try it.
Also you say the maf has been replaced,well i would still disconnect it after youve reconnected the intake sensor.
If no joy then check the intercooler/turbo pipes and make sure there secure and not allowing the intake side of the turbo to blow to atmosphere.
Fuel pressure is crictical for 1.8t and you require the correct equipment to test it.
If there are no fault codes then this is mechanical issue ie fuel pressure or quantity of air drawn.
Make sure also the turbo actuator is working and hasent snapped off causing the turbo not to operate.
post any vag com logs including measured value block 32 and misfire recognition

GAZZA350@HOTMAI
14-06-2008, 07:02 PM
cheers for your help mate much appreciated. ive only had the car 4 weeks. what a nightmate eh! ill try them sensors and see how they go. i havnt got vag com so its to the garage every time costing me a fortune.