PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 speaker colour

johnk444
11-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Hi does anyone know the wiring colours for the speakers on an Audi A4:zx11:

elPaulio
12-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Hi there,

I'm sure somebody will give you some inof but if not I will have a look tonight.

What year and engine type do you have?

Cheers

Paul :biglaugh:

johnk444
12-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Hiya mate,

My car is the Audi A4 2.0L Sport 2002.

Front speaker's are fine, rear speaker's inop. Have about 4 to 6 wires at the back of my concert radio/cd without any connec on them. Just wondering if they are my back speaker wires.

If you can tell me the colour's for the rear speaker's, I will see if its them and connect acordingly.

Thanks bud.

John.

n_c
13-06-2008, 04:17 PM
I had the same problem with the rear speakers not working and it turned out to be the amp in the boot. Got a new one but one of the rear door speakers is still silent. I assume it's a broken wire somewhere - if anyone knows the colours it would be handy!

elPaulio
13-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Hi Guys,

Right speaker wires for the rear are as follows:

From the Radio:
Red/Yellow and Brown/Yellow go to the Rear Left Bass Loudspeaker through a connection block in the B-Pillar on the left hand side.
From the Bass Speaker a Blue/White and Brown/White wire goes to the Mid/Treble Speaker.

Red/Green and Brown/Black go to the Rear Right Bass Loudspeaker through a connection block in the B-Pillar on the right hand side.
From the Bass Speaker a Blue/White and Brown/White wire goes to the Mid/Treble Speaker.

Both of these are connected to the radio through the Brown 8-Pin connector and they are on pins 8, 7, 2 and 1 respectively.

Hope that helps guys!!

johnk444
18-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks guy's, am going to give it a whirl.

Cheer's.

John.

n_c
18-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Hi Guys,

Right speaker wires for the rear are as follows:

From the Radio:
Red/Yellow and Brown/Yellow go to the Rear Left Bass Loudspeaker through a connection block in the B-Pillar on the left hand side.

Red/Green and Brown/Black go to the Rear Right Bass Loudspeaker through a connection block in the B-Pillar on the right hand side.

Both of these are connected to the radio through the Brown 8-Pin connector and they are on pins 8, 7, 2 and 1 respectively.

Hope that helps guys!!

I'm confused now - my rear right door treble speaker works but the bass speaker doesn't. I can't see how that would be if the bass speaker feeds the treble.

Nigel :confused:

bez101
18-06-2008, 10:44 PM
the speaker might be blown

n_c
19-06-2008, 07:32 AM
Thanks Bez101. I'll have a look and see. That might explain it :-)