PDA

View Full Version : Question A daft one...

RichardCranium
11-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Is there a way of altering the temp on both sides of the car at the same time. ie without having to move both knobs. I'm sure there must be, but havent managed to find it yet!!
may be i should just read the manual

AndyE66
11-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Yes, there's a setting on the AMI / MMI on my A4.

Press Car then press the lower right hand side MMI button (shown as AC on the display).

On the next screen select Sychronisation, then select On.

RichardCranium
11-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Nice one. Thanks mate. Come to think about, i've seen that but didnt know what was going to be synched:o

AndyE66
11-06-2008, 02:07 PM
I don't think I'd have known if the dealer hadn't shown me at handover!

dansansome
11-06-2008, 02:18 PM
i dont know why car manufacturers bother to make instruction manuals lol

i certainly dont read them...

RichardCranium
11-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Found it!
There are a few things that i didnt know how to do, but sorted them by fiddling or educated guess work. For instance, i couldnt understand why the radio would come on when starting the car, even though i'd turned it off before removing the ignition key. Press and hold the on/off button and that does the trick.

Also i found that you can get a digital speedo in the centre of the instruments if you press the reset button under the wiper stalk a couple of times.

AndyE66
11-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Spotted the speedo before as the original demo I took out was set like that. Didn't know about turning the radio off, thanks as that had been bugging me!

a8 tech
11-06-2008, 08:12 PM
if you require owners manuals in pdf format then ill email them to you.

neilb
11-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Interesting points above. Why on earth would a RESET button on the windscreen wipper stalk change the dash display, I thought it was somthing to do with the winscreen wipers or to reset the on board computers!!

Some more points:
Can you get the radio to come on at a pre-set volume when you first start the car?
Why are there TWO on board computers?
Where is the AUTO position for the wipers ... I think I know now but it took a while !!

nlb.

RichardCranium
11-06-2008, 10:14 PM
If you press and hold the RESET button it zeros your trip or MPG data, but if you just press and release it if moves through the two trip comps and then to the speedo thing

Auto wipers is position 1. haven't tried it as it hasn't rained yet!

hoju99
11-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Anyone got a scan of the manual so I can read it before I get mine (cant see me having time when it arrives!!!)
:beerchug:

kelvinbishop
12-06-2008, 12:24 PM

Yes please. My S-Line 1.8TFSI in Sphere Blue is currently awaiting shipment and I would love to read the manual before it comes so I can just get on with driving it when it arrives.

My E-mail addres is kelvinbishop@tiscali.co.uk

Thanks in anticipation

dansansome
12-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Some more points:
Can you get the radio to come on at a pre-set volume when you first start the car?
Why are there TWO on board computers?

nlb.

ok, first one (this is relevant to my concert radio, but i guess the principal will still be there)

you can set a max turn on volume, so if the radio was set louder than that when it turned off, it will come back on at the preset. it the radio was quieter, then it comes back on at the same level.

the two computers work slightly differently. computer values for #1 are for current trip and get reset automatically if the car is turned off for longer than 2 hours. computer values #2 are not reset until the user resets them, so are a running total.

allya
12-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi, my new A4 is being made next week and by the sounds of it i had better swat up on the car before it arrives so I would really appreciate you emailing them to me - allyadam@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance for this.

RichardCranium
12-06-2008, 01:24 PM
i would suggest that you dont publish your email addresses on the forum. Use the Private Message function. much safer

HotChip
12-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Is there a way of altering the temp on both sides of the car at the same time. ie without having to move both knobs. I'm sure there must be, but havent managed to find it yet!!
may be i should just read the manual

A little thing that is niggling me. On my B6 you could resychronise both sides by pressing and holding the auto button, but it appears this doesn't work on the B8. When the missus is in the car she likes it hot, so she keeps unsynching it. Anyone know of a way to easily resynch without going through the MMI?

Thanks

HotChip

browellm
12-06-2008, 03:30 PM
A little thing that is niggling me. On my B6 you could resychronise both sides by pressing and holding the auto button, but it appears this doesn't work on the B8. When the missus is in the car she likes it hot, so she keeps unsynching it. Anyone know of a way to easily resynch without going through the MMI?

Thanks

HotChip

Yep, you resync by pressing and holding the drivers side temperature dial.

Gibbo123
12-06-2008, 03:30 PM

Would love to see a copy. Will PM you my email address. Thanks in advance!

a8 tech
12-06-2008, 06:29 PM
To all that have pm me for pdf.
Im doing it but this is a large pdf (13 kb)so it will take a while as there are a few pm.

Take a look at this,this will resole your phone pairing issues.
New product and i used it today its great.
Contact your local audi parts for details.http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=39533&page=2

hoju99
12-06-2008, 08:17 PM
To all that have pm me for pdf.
Im doing it but this is a large pdf so it will take a while as there are a few pm.

Cheers pal :beerchug:

a8 tech
12-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Sorry folks my computer says no.
File to big een when compressed.

hoju99
12-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Sorry folks my computer says no.
File to big een when compressed.

:(

How big is it?

could host it on somthing like http://www.savefile.com/ or http://rapidshare.com/

a8 tech
12-06-2008, 10:38 PM
http://www.savefile.com/files/1606260

HotChip
13-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Yep, you resync by pressing and holding the drivers side temperature dial.

That sounds logical, thenks for the help. Maybe one day soon I'll finsih reading the manual!

HotChip

JBlues
13-06-2008, 09:30 AM
http://www.savefile.com/files/1606260

a8 tech

That's brilliant - many thanks for taking the time to do this!

Crow
13-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks A8 tech....

a8 tech
13-06-2008, 11:37 AM
no probs b8 a4 owners

hoju99
13-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Cheers pal

JBlues
13-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Are there any details on how the MMI is operated and also the Multifunction Steering Wheel and Audio controls or have I missed that lot somewhere?!?!

HighwayTG
13-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Thanks A8 Tech .. :o

a8 tech
13-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Are there any details on how the MMI is operated and also the Multifunction Steering Wheel and Audio controls or have I missed that lot somewhere?!?!
covered in the mmi owners manual

JBlues
13-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Don't suppose you have these as well do you!?!?!

mkc
13-06-2008, 02:34 PM
oooooohhhh, just the saw page with the compass in the rear view mirror! What did I have to tick to get one of those!? Pointless yet functional I guess, is that a poor mans Sat Nav?

Samurai1466
13-06-2008, 02:57 PM
mkc... Are you still happy that you chose Aruba Blue for your S-Line after seeing my pics?

mkc
13-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi, sure. Didnt you see my Private Message to you? I love it. So glad I went for that colour, Ive seen a few colours now and although I love the black, white and reds Im not sure I could live with them. A middle of the road blue for me.

Samurai1466
13-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Hi, sure. Didnt you see my Private Message to you? I love it. So glad I went for that colour, Ive seen a few colours now and although I love the black, white and reds Im not sure I could live with them. A middle of the road blue for me.

I didn't receive your pm. Anyway, I couldn't agree more. You'll be happy you went for it, as others have said, it looks even better in the steel!

;)

belly buster
13-06-2008, 07:51 PM
For those that have RTFM (not me TLDR) anyone know what GALA stands for / does?

TIA

BB

hoju99
13-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Seperate instruction manual

What about the B&O is that a seperate manual?

MackemMan
13-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Another daft question.

I love the music system with the SD card. 40 of my favourite albums which I play in shuffle mode.

But every time I swich off the car I lose the shuffle (so to speak) & have to reset it again.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have shuffle set up as a fixed setting i.e. until you unfix it yourself?

AndyE66
13-06-2008, 11:43 PM
For those that have RTFM (not me TLDR) anyone know what GALA stands for / does?

TIA

BB

Don't know what it stands for and haven't RTFM (well not all of it) but it's the setting that increases the audio volume with speed to counteract road noise (I think).

a8 tech
14-06-2008, 06:33 AM
oooooohhhh, just the saw page with the compass in the rear view mirror! What did I have to tick to get one of those!? Pointless yet functional I guess, is that a poor mans Sat Nav?
No its a rich mans toy and its cool.
Dont see it much but i preped r8 last week with it.

a8 tech
14-06-2008, 06:44 AM
What about the B&O is that a seperate manual?yes
I cant upload all manuals as there pre production and may not be 100% acurate.
Also i dont wish to have any complications about copywrite.
Cant see any issues with the pdf ive uploaded as there nothing top secret there,however i dont wish to upset the audi massive or risk my job so ill not be uploading anymore owners manuals guys and girls.
I try to help the forum as i help my own centers customers but i must say ill never post anything that may cause me any issues :beerchug:
I think its time audi web site included info like the manuals so all can see what does what and also the main reason i uploaded the owners manual is because men dont read instructions we just twiddle buttons were women will read and understand there vehicles instructions.

There will be 10 questions set so get reading:biglaugh::biglaugh:

belly buster
15-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Don't know what it stands for and haven't RTFM (well not all of it) but it's the setting that increases the audio volume with speed to counteract road noise (I think).
Ahh of course - the Galloping Along Loudness Adjuster - should have guessed.

alexcf
16-06-2008, 09:12 AM
You know what caught me out... There's a little button under the right lever for the wipers which changes what the little HUD says. :)

AndyH123
16-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Ahh of course - the Galloping Along Loudness Adjuster - should have guessed.

I think its much cleverer than that, but I'd appreciate someone knowledgable doing a quick write up.

My previous car adjusted volume with speed - it was very noticeable. GALA, I think, is more about noise reduction. Not sure if B&O changes what you get with the system.