PDA

View Full Version : Question Turbo Deisel failure

cornishal
11-06-2008, 01:33 PM
When starting my Seat Toledo Turbo Diesel (53) after leaving it for 3/4 hours and the driving up hill immediately the turbo fails and can only be rest by restarting the engine, Some times the engine management light comes on when checked it has a fault code that refers to "Turbo Over Boost". Have replaced turbo boost pressure valve, now they are saying it requires a turbo repacement, any ideas?

Crasher
12-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Usually that can be cured by removing, striping and cleaning the turbo exhaust housing and vanes or by using the Innotec turbo clean system which does work in some cases.

cornishal
12-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Thanks for that, I am also thinking of blanking off the EGR valve on the exhaust manifold

Crasher
12-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Personally I now don’t agree with doing that as it increases emissions and doesn’t seem to prevent coked turbo vanes, I did it on my friends Octavia 110 TDI when it was new (dialled it out in VAG-COM) in 2003 and it still went 17965 about six months ago.

beany196
23-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Have same problem as described in previous message re turbo. What is Innotec turbo clean system, and where can it be bought?

cornishal
24-10-2008, 08:03 AM
I finally cleared this problem by blanking ERG valve then giving the car a good 200-300 mile run which "cleaned" the turbo then unblanking the ERG valve again, it now runs perfectly.

Crasher
24-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Have same problem as described in previous message re turbo. What is Innotec turbo clean system, and where can it be bought?

Various companies sell it.

http://www.innotecworld.com/c-1064-turbo-clean-set.aspx

paul b
27-10-2008, 01:23 AM
Sorry to hi-jack but Crasher have you used this Innotec product, or would you be able to explain how to use it if I bought it?

My T5's turbo seemed to shut down at motorway speeds the other day, not sure yet if it was just bad fuel but with 106k on the clock the turbo could quite possibly be jammed full of all sorts.

No warning lights, will get it on VAG-COM as soon as Ross-Tech respond to me because I can't use it at the moment as my old laptop died and I need to re-install it.

It seems to be a good product, if I knew how to use it I'd definitely be interested. :D

I've been on Innotec's website but can't find the demonstration video of how to use it.

Cheers,
Paul

Crasher
27-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Basically you take off the downpipe and spray it inside the exhaust turbine housing. I have it in stock at £57.51 inc. VAT plus £5 carriage.

paul b
27-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Basically you take off the downpipe and spray it inside the exhaust turbine housing. I have it in stock at £57.51 inc. VAT plus £5 carriage.
Many thanks Crasher. The van has yet to do this again yet, so if it repeats itself I may take you up on that offer.

Put V-Power in it, and it's notably faster and more responsive. It seems to like the Shell stuff, seen as the only time its been tanked on anything but Shell stuff was BP stuff when this problem arrived.

Paul