PDA

View Full Version : Question A4 dip headlamp conversion for EU driving

Chris714326
11-06-2008, 10:56 AM
I have got a small issue with VAG regarding headlamps. My car, a 2002 A4 avant 1.9tdi 130 sport was supplied from new with headlamp units that can be converted for continental driving using a small lever to move a mask in front of the dip headlamp. This facility is very useful as I cover a lot of continental miles. I had a small fender bender last year which involved the replacement of the drivers side headlamp unit and to my surprise six months later when changing over for right hand dip the lever in the replacement headlamp was missing! The repair garage (Not VAG) have agreed to replace the headlamp bu that is where the saga starts as the local Audi garages claim that the A4 was never fitted with this type of headlamp unit (Just Passats) and they cannot supply a replacement as it does not exist! (The evidence of the passenger side unit just leaves them speachless!) Can anyone help please, a part number would be wonderful!:1zhelp:

philipvrs
11-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Might seem obvious but if you remove the passenger headlamp there should be a part number on it ( eg 038 905 115 possibly including one or more letters after the numbers). The part number for the drivers side is usually identical except that the last digit is either +1 or -1 (can't remember which is which). In other words one side is an odd number and the other is even (as I said I can't remember which is which)

By the way the part number I used is just made up to show the layout - I know it is not for a headlamp!

Surely the audi dealer can look up the part fitted using your chassis number on etka??

Hope this helps.