PDA

View Full Version : Audi HO customer service

moptisam2
10-06-2008, 11:19 AM
How do members find dealing with Audi Customer Service (head-office)?

Since my new A4 should be available to pick up at the dealers towards the end of this month, about a week ago I contacted the dealer to ask him where the car is. I got the rather confusing reply " checkpoint 4. Checkpoint 8 being the final stage". Since this did not tell me anything, except that the car was in the process of manufacture, but certainly not how long it would be until checkpoint 8, I rang Audi head office customer service and spoke to someone there. She said "your car is now at checkpoint 8. It has been made and is ready to ship from the factory. If you ring next week, we will be able to tell you precisely where the car is". (This is the type of customer service Audi could be proud of, and the standard they should maintain.)

This morning I rang and my blood pressure went up a few levels higher than it probably should.

I was first told that the car has not yet been made. I was then told that it is "in the factory". I pointed out that one of her colleagues last Thursday had told me that it was at checkpoint 8. (finished) and that, upon her colleagues advice, I am now ringing up to find out where it is. She didn't seem to know anything about "checkpoints" and that the dealers have their own ways of monitoring build progress. I repeated that it was HER colleague who "updated” me on the car's progress, that at the time of talking to her colleague it had advanced from checkpoint 4 and that it was at checkpoint 8.

She suggested I talked to the dealer. I had tried to ring him but got no answer.

To my repeated question, she could not say why her colleague had told me about Checkpoint 8. I may as well have spoken to the wall.

Rather annoyed, I told her that as I speak German I would ring Audi and complain about this example of appalling customer service from the head office. I phoned Audi in Ingolstadt and whilst the lady there could not give me information (yet) on where the car is, she did understand why I was so annoyed and that such an attitude to a customer’s enquiries is not acceptable, and she said that in a couple of days someone would give me a precise location of the car.

I will report back when I hear something. (Note I am not saying IF...)

Crow
10-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Hi-my car was to be built in Week 22. To date, no one knows where it is-dealer says it is in the factory and does not know why it has not been released. Audi customer service have no clue.

I have given up frankly- will not call them again till they call to tell me car is in UK. Whenever that may be......

HighwayTG
10-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi-my car was to be built in Week 22. To date, no one knows where it is-dealer says it is in the factory and does not know why it has not been released. Audi customer service have no clue.

I have given up frankly- will not call them again till they call to tell me car is in UK. Whenever that may be......

My car which was built on week 23 is waiting for shipment. I probably expect Audi waits until they have enough cars to make it economical to load up a ship full to send over to England.

N-Line
10-06-2008, 01:57 PM
I was told by my dealer that 300 cars have been held back from delivery to the uk for quality control.

Who knows for sure?

B6Andy101
12-06-2008, 09:16 PM
They don't have a f***1n clue. Ring with any question, note the answer. Ring straight back and ask the same question of a different 'advisor', I guarantee you will not get the same answer:

Examples:

19" rims and S-Line suspension compatability (they aren't)
Do you get a fin aerial without phone prep (you don't)
Is the roof lining black on an S-Line (still dont know till it arrives)
Where can I see Monza Silver (you can't yet)

Shower of sh1*e

stuartfoster
13-06-2008, 12:00 AM
[quote=B6 Andy101;193006]They don't have a f***1n clue. Ring with any question, note the answer. Ring straight back and ask the same question of a different 'advisor', I guarantee you will not get the same answer:

Andy totally agree i phoned them up today to ask if the 2.0t is now available to order for the A4, she says i just check then comes back with a classic answer - 'ive just looked on the audi website and its nots listed!' wat the hell I could do that and we all know how long it takes them to update website she then said ask a dealer they should know! Bunch of muppets:aargh4:

Mind you dealers are no better - conversation with smarmy salesman last week
me - i hear you can now order the A5 with the 2.0t engine
him - no
me - i think your find you can
him - i havent heard about that??? but didnt offer to check it with anyone:zx11:

all they have to know is one brand of bloody car and yet a member of the general public (me) knows more than them - if that happened in my job i would be fired instantly!

moptisam2
13-06-2008, 04:42 AM
StuartFoster

I would like to expand on what you say about Audi salesman only having to know one brand of car. During my years in sales I had to know about the competition - but Audi salesman are not allowed to! I was talking to one, whilst discussing the new A4, about the Efficient Dynamics of BMW and said that he could check what I was saying on the BMW website. He said "we are not allowed to access any website other than Audi".

Words (almost) fail me.

mkc
13-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Surely one of the key things in business is to know what the competition are doing. Once you have this information you can then do a number of things. Stay ahead of them, know their strengths and weaknesses and then you can sell your product around these facts.

Stopping your employees from accessing competitor websites is madness.

moptisam2
14-06-2008, 03:15 PM
My God! Those Germans in Ingolstadt work quickly. Audi UK head-office told me just last Tuesday that the car had not yet been built yet, then it was "in the factory" (see first post of this thread).

The dealer rang me today to say that the car has arrived and can be picked up in a couple of days!!!