PDA

View Full Version : 2008 tt dangerouse hesitation!!!!!

930JON
09-06-2008, 10:39 PM
A friend of mine has asked me to put a tread up and see if anyone has any knowledge of an audi problem! a dangerouse problem. they have owned a 08 tt sportomatic for some 4 months now and they have found a problem. when they go to pull out of a junction and the vehicle is slowly rolling forward or they are edging their way to the line when they go to pull away there is a 2 second delay before the drive kicks in after the throttle is depressed ! This has now nearly resulted in two near misses and this car will end up very bent soon . Audi have said that it is the way the lady drives and that she is not use to a sports car ( her previouse cars were a amg slk merc and an m3 cab before that, if these are not sports cars what are! then they said that the gear box cant decide what gear it should be in are they really that inteligent or is this dealer Bull ? The lady is now at the point where she will not drive the car any more ! and it has not just happened to her, her husband has also had this hesitation happen to him and its not his driving either hese had a DB8 and now the new bently these people know how to drive an audi !!!!! anyone have any thoughts:confused:
do audi have some software issues or a fault with their autos ???:confused::confused::confused:

robhills
02-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Wow ... I have just bought a new TT. I was thinking about the auto box but settled for a manual :D

bjames
04-12-2008, 12:07 AM
A friend of mine has asked me to put a tread up and see if anyone has any knowledge of an audi problem! a dangerouse problem. they have owned a 08 tt sportomatic for some 4 months now and they have found a problem. when they go to pull out of a junction and the vehicle is slowly rolling forward or they are edging their way to the line when they go to pull away there is a 2 second delay before the drive kicks in after the throttle is depressed ! This has now nearly resulted in two near misses and this car will end up very bent soon . Audi have said that it is the way the lady drives and that she is not use to a sports car ( her previouse cars were a amg slk merc and an m3 cab before that, if these are not sports cars what are! then they said that the gear box cant decide what gear it should be in are they really that inteligent or is this dealer Bull ? The lady is now at the point where she will not drive the car any more ! and it has not just happened to her, her husband has also had this hesitation happen to him and its not his driving either hese had a DB8 and now the new bently these people know how to drive an audi !!!!! anyone have any thoughts:confused:
do audi have some software issues or a fault with their autos ???:confused::confused::confused:

Have you tryed asking this question on the audi tt forum uk?

a8 tech
04-12-2008, 12:18 AM
mechatronics control unit is defective or the clutch linings are contaminated best to replace the full box

MadMacStew
02-01-2009, 08:53 AM
The short answer is to engage first gear manually, rather than just leave in 'D', but of course the car is basically at fault, and in my experience of three cars with this box (TT, TTS and A3 3.2), they all suffer from this hesitation off the line, combined with engaging with quite a thump if you engage 'D' from 'P' or 'N' and floor it, as you might reasonably do away from the lights. Further, my A3 damn near killed me when it changed direct from 3rd to 6th *and* cut the power when I was overtaking a truck! Audi UK replaced the mechatronic unit and the box, but I never trusted the car again, especially since the unit was returned to Audi HQ in Germany and they never did trace the actual cause of the problem. However nice the DSG box is to drive when it's working properly, a manual doesn't suffer this kind of problem, and you always know when the drive will engage!

mr gee
23-03-2009, 11:19 AM
I found mine occasionally hesitates like having a giant flat spot. Read somewhere that its due to the layout of the gears on the dual clutch shaft and the algorithm of the ecu deciding to go a gear up or down vs the throttle position or pressure.

You can drive out of this by using a lighter or firmer throttle. or of course sport

AudiV6,3.2
22-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Hello,
I'm in Australia, an owner of a new (January 2009) Audi TT Automatic V6 3.2l and have experienced EXACTLY the same described potentially dangerous hesitation when stationary (idling at an intersection), then attempting to move off with a normal, modest push down on the accelerator.
There's a horrible 'nothing' response for a second or two before the throttle kicks in (with an added boost from my foot!) and something of a jerk away from the stationary position.
It's an intermittent thing, not frequent, but highly unpleasant with traffic approaching as I go to make the right hand turn, which normally I'd expect to complete well ahead of any oncoming danger.
I've been back to the Audi dealer and spoken with two of their advisors, including a mechanic, but they say that they're unaware of the problem. Naturally, as with most intermittent problems, when we went out for a test run I wasn't able to reproduce or simulate this apparently inherent Audi problem.
Am wondering if anybody in this forum has experienced this TT problem and had it fixed, without resorting to just ignoring it and engaging first gear manually.
It's ironic that my previous car (not an Audi, had it for twenty years!) never had this 'hesitation' problem.
Thanks in advance for any answers

MadMacStew
22-06-2009, 01:33 PM
You'ld hope that they have improved the software for the new 7-speed version, but the 'official' line still seems to be that there's no known fault, hence no recall. Personally, Until they 'fess up and fix it, or at least admit that it's not retrofixable, I wouldn't touch one of those boxes with a bargepole. Now happily running a VW Phaeton with reliable 'old-fashioned' 6-speed ZF autobox, as used in most luxury cars today.

a8 tech
22-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Hello,
I'm in Australia, an owner of a new (January 2009) Audi TT Automatic V6 3.2l and have experienced EXACTLY the same described potentially dangerous hesitation when stationary (idling at an intersection), then attempting to move off with a normal, modest push down on the accelerator.
There's a horrible 'nothing' response for a second or two before the throttle kicks in (with an added boost from my foot!) and something of a jerk away from the stationary position.
It's an intermittent thing, not frequent, but highly unpleasant with traffic approaching as I go to make the right hand turn, which normally I'd expect to complete well ahead of any oncoming danger.
I've been back to the Audi dealer and spoken with two of their advisors, including a mechanic, but they say that they're unaware of the problem. Naturally, as with most intermittent problems, when we went out for a test run I wasn't able to reproduce or simulate this apparently inherent Audi problem.
Am wondering if anybody in this forum has experienced this TT problem and had it fixed, without resorting to just ignoring it and engaging first gear manually.
It's ironic that my previous car (not an Audi, had it for twenty years!) never had this 'hesitation' problem.
Thanks in advance for any answers

I have had success by changing the oil and filter and carrying out a adaptive road test to reset the mechatronics settings

AudiV6,3.2
23-06-2009, 06:12 AM
I have had success by changing the oil and filter and carrying out a adaptive road test to reset the mechatronics settings
Thanks very much for your suggestion. I'll have another chat with the Audi dealer and their technicians and see if this suggestion of yours fixes the problem.

AudiV6,3.2